Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Share some sport mode inf to EVO2 user

rafec2010

Reaction score
Just a few days ago, I took my evo2 to flying 6-7 km with sport mode to test the signal. On the way back,I see my speed from 72km/h slowr to 54km/h , the reason is battery getting hot. some protect function will control your battery in the 65 degree Celsius less,in this case I hve see my battery max temp over 68 degree, sport mode will not function or getting slow .so be carefuly use sport mode when you need
(The temperature was about 30 degrees that day) ?

Reactions: Andrzej
Thank you, that's good to know. After a 20 - 25 minute flight, I've noticed the battery is hot. Prior to charging, I'll refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. I don't know if that's necessary, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: rafec2010
Just a few days ago, I took my evo2 to flying 6-7 km with sport mode to test the signal. On the way back,I see my speed from 72km/h slowr to 54km/h , the reason is battery getting hot. some protect function will control your battery in the 65 degree Celsius less,in this case I hve see my battery max temp over 68 degree, sport mode will not function or getting slow .so be carefuly use sport mode when you need
(The temperature was about 30 degrees that day) ?
Are you sure the slowdown wasn't caused by headwind. I have never heard of a hot battery causing a drone to slow down.

It would also be good to know the capacity of the battery at this time. Perhaps also a reduction in speed to reserve autonomy to return to the starting point.

Thank you, that's good to know. After a 20 - 25 minute flight, I've noticed the battery is hot. Prior to charging, I'll refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. I don't know if that's necessary, but it can't hurt.
may be needn't refrigerate,battery charge in 10-40 °C is working good, discharge have some protect function can control in 65° less . the battery is more safety then Phantom3. anyway it's have more function to protect drone (I have play phantom3 and get a 79°C battery, really hot and danger)
註解 2020-09-07 183013.jpg

Are you sure the slowdown wasn't caused by headwind. I have never heard of a hot battery causing a drone to slow down.
Yes ,I suer it's get slow speed by protector function for battery. I flying out to targe about 50-52km/h(I set 72km/h) , when I comming back speed can gros to 72km/h (without battery over heat)
Just share, hope every fly safe!註解 2020-09-07 184103.jpg註解 2020-09-07 184557.jpg

It would also be good to know the capacity of the battery at this time. Perhaps also a reduction in speed to reserve autonomy to return to the starting point.
You are right,so I have test wind force in first fly,second time I will full throttle and got more long distance

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58