Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shakeups at Autel are making me think twice about keeping my Evo II Pro order ...

easyheimer

Reaction score
So today there was a couple shakeups at Autel. The CEO of Autel Robotics, Steve McIrvin, was ousted as well as another key member of the company. This makes me nervous with all the issues they‘ve been having and now the virus. There are also rumors that the units are being held up at the warehouses of distributors because there is an issue with the GPS. I’m sure a lot of you have seem Crazy Patric and his story of crashing his Evo II In a toilet bowl spiral. This raised a red flag with Autel apparently and they are holding up units.

With all the moves and delays and such, I’m questioning how long Autel Robotics will stay afloat. This would also affect the kind of support we’ll see down the road which makes me very nervous that I’m spending all this money on this drone.

Take a listen:

Autel is far from going under. They sell other things than drones. These kind of stories about them going to belly up have been going on for many years. Back in the XSP days.

Autel is far from going under. They sell other things than drones. These kind of stories about them going to belly up have been going on for many years. Back in the XSP days.

That’s why I said Autel Robotics. If they have these said issues with their newest drone that will not fare well for them.

Sounds like a good business decision to fire someone under the circumstances. I don’t have a purchase I’m waiting for, but I do have an interest because I own the EVO 1.

This is not the first time I've heardof drones being released with serious issues. It happened to DJI many times, it has happened to Yuneec, GoPro, etc. As long as they fix it quickly, it will be allright.

Reactions: House Forasken
Autel has designed an excellent next gen drone. They will eventually deliver this drone and it will be awesome for the 22 percent of the market that isn't DJI. They will probably never be DJI, but that doesn't mean they won't be viable. We will see what happens, but I think this intrigue is an attempt to drive YouTube traffic. Nothing more, and not useful with speculation at best.

Billy Kyle is one of the most useless youtubers around. Big time DJI fan boy and complains about everything. Has crashed his skydio 2 and blames it on firmware. Was asked to write for droneDJ and was dropped after a couple of months. Punk kid with a no brains.

Billy Kyle is one of the most useless youtubers around. Big time DJI fan boy and complains about everything. Has crashed his skydio 2 and blames it on firmware. Was asked to write for droneDJ and was dropped after a couple of months. Punk kid with a no brains.
I'm an Autel fanboy, and with good reason. I will continue to enjoy my Evo until I can afford the Evo II Pro. I need to get my Part 107 and make some money to pay for it. Working on it.

So today there was a couple shakeups at Autel. The CEO of Autel Robotics, Steve McIrvin, was ousted as well as another key member of the company. This makes me nervous with all the issues they‘ve been having and now the virus. There are also rumors that the units are being held up at the warehouses of distributors because there is an issue with the GPS. I’m sure a lot of you have seem Crazy Patric and his story of crashing his Evo II In a toilet bowl spiral.

It probably would be somewhat disconcerting if they are really making changes at the top but there isn't anything readily available via google on those changes. As for the reported youtube crash I thought it was interesting that there didn't appear to be a video of it - I thought that was a bit odd for a youtuber.

This is a strange time for a lot of reasons but overall I still have faith in Autel - I think the Evo II is going to be a great drone once it is deployed (and I think there are enough legit videos out there of Evo II's to support that....).

Where are those legit videos of production EVO 2s in the hands of independent competent reviewers?

Without those we are hoping for a great drone without much yet that proves it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy