Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SDK Now available?!?! Good thing or bad?

Well, can’t see how it could be bad if it allows developers to write software to extend the Evo’s capabilities—for example, Epson’s Moverio FPV glasses which apparently only work with DJI products and a couple of mini drones. There’s also a company making cycling glasses which can also record video without affecting your field of view. Either of these products means you would no longer need a spotter to fly FPV. Must be many other things possible.

We've only been begging for an SDK release for like 3 years now. It's a good thing.

I've been doing some minor work with the sdk and have a rudimentary Waypoint App in the works similar to Litchi but only for waypoints, no fpv mode or anything not specific to waypoints. Having some great results with interpolation allowing for very smooth transitions for areas between each waypoint set. Also there is no need to fly a mission beforehand to establish distances or altitude. Keeping the flights continuous without stopping at each waypoint is also established and have just completed allowing for manual camera yaw /pan tilt as well. Although the app is not ready for prime time I'm really enjoying the results so far. This will not be a super in depth app like litchi but will allow for saving waypoint missions, editing missions but no online manipulation like Litchi Hub. I have included a link to a zip file with a continuous shot taken this past weekend, reduced the file size to 720x480 to save on my server bandwidth but you should be able to get a good idea of the performance so far. http://hypedphoto.com/storage/Evo_Waypoints_1.zip

I've been doing some minor work with the sdk and have a rudimentary Waypoint App in the works similar to Litchi but only for waypoints, no fpv mode or anything not specific to waypoints. Having some great results with interpolation allowing for very smooth transitions for areas between each waypoint set. Also there is no need to fly a mission beforehand to establish distances or altitude. Keeping the flights continuous without stopping at each waypoint is also established and have just completed allowing for manual camera yaw /pan tilt as well. Although the app is not ready for prime time I'm really enjoying the results so far. This will not be a super in depth app like litchi but will allow for saving waypoint missions, editing missions but no online manipulation like Litchi Hub. I have included a link to a zip file with a continuous shot taken this past weekend, reduced the file size to 720x480 to save on my server bandwidth but you should be able to get a good idea of the performance so far. http://hypedphoto.com/storage/Evo_Waypoints_1.zip
Will this work with the XSP or is it an Evo only app?

I was just gonna ask if any work can be done on the XSP also. That would be awesome.
Awesome too the work you are doing. Looks promising!

@gustofusion
Hello, I just read your comments and your progress with the SDK of Autel.
I have been flying for three, four years with an Inspire and Litchi for flying missions and that happiness (more than 250 flights all perfect).
But I'm looking for a small drone easily transportable everywhere access is sometimes difficult which is largely handicapped with the weight of the Inspire.
I think I want to choose EVO because I want to leave the system of Dji too restrictive when we have a mission to achieve urgently.
Your work on the SDK seems good and we find a certain fluidity as in Litchi which seems perfect for film plans.
Where are you at ?
Greetings

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58