Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SD card?

I typically use Sandisk or Lexar. As fast as they sell in the 64gb flavor. Some like to use 16gb or 32gb and keep multiple cards on hand. They change them out with the battery so they never risk losing media. I use a couple myself as I have been known to get to the site only to realize my SD card was still in the computer! :rolleyes:

OK, good. I had jerky video when shooting in 4k, and didn't know if it was the card, or the device I was trying to play it back on.

Write speed is most important for 4k video recording. Class 10 is minimum required for 4k video, there are better out there but at a cost. SanDisk has some 96mb per second stuff (Extreme and higher) but again at a higher cost.

OK, good. I had jerky video when shooting in 4k, and didn't know if it was the card, or the device I was trying to play it back on.

If you're running the 2.0.8 firmware, this is actually a FW issue for some of us...me included...confirmed by a support ticked I opened with Autel.

But it might also be solved by simply formatting the SD card in your computer (full, not quick) and trying again.

Wow; I had no idea this existed! I just downloaded it, installed it, and used it to do an "overwrite format" on the SD card that came with the XSP. Took over an hour. :) I'll be interested to see if it makes any difference, or if my video issues are truly FW related (as Autel says they are).
I'm downloading it now & me thinks it will take a while so there seems to be time to take a nap.
Thanks for the link Agustine!

KentA or anybody who has already done this,
Please let us know how the newly formatted SD card works in your XSP, thanks.

Well, I've run into a problem using the "SD Formatter".

I chose the "overwrite format" instead of the "quick format" option, & after 73% the process stopped. I tried to run it again but the SD Formatter couldn't find the memory card.

When I try to open my computer's "Devices with Removable Storage" I'm told "E:\ not accessible. access denied".

edit--
(1) A Galaxy Tablet recognized the card & formatted it.
(2) Then I restarted the PC desktop which discovered & fixed some vague "problems".
(3) The SD card went back into the PC & I was able to run that "SD Formatter" using the "quick format" option. I hope it records Autel video without jerking tomorrow so I can give this story a happy ending.

Last edited:
I only have used the overwrite format option twice. First time on my card that came with the X-Star and the second time was on a cheap card I use in my action camera and that time it told me I could not do a overwrite format so I just did a quick format.

Had a chance to fly this afternoon with my freshly formatted SD card, and no change...jittery / stuttering video from the drone. I can even see it in the screen recording from the app on my phone, so it has nothing to do with the SD card in the XSP. Hoping the next fw update will address this issue. :-(

Jittery stuttering video? I'd remove the gimbal and clean all the contacts then reinstall it and try again.

Nah; it's a firmware issue, verified by support. Thought I'd give it a whirl after formatting the SD card really good, just for good measure...but, no-go.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58