Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SD Card door broke off

Philipandrews

Reaction score
Has anyone had their SD card door break off? I just got home from a shoot and was opening it up to remove the SD card and the door broke right off. Haven't looked yet to see if its replaceable. Really don't want to have to send back the drone to Autel for them to replace it.

I had my detach from that rubber thing. I just super glued it back to that. Been fine ever since.

Has anyone had their SD card door break off? I just got home from a shoot and was opening it up to remove the SD card and the door broke right off. Haven't looked yet to see if its replaceable. Really don't want to have to send back the drone to Autel for them to replace it.

I have seen other reports of that happening, I am extremely careful with mine and really take my time to not stress it. The super glue idea is a good one if still have the piece hopefully it did not fall off in flight.

Happened to me too. It may seem like a silly fix on such a high tech device, but plain old scotch tape keeps the door from getting lost.

I would not really even worry about it at all... I thought about just ripping mine off and leaving it off. It will be fine with out it

Same here, actually both little covers for the microSD and the USB-C ports. I love my little E2P, but I must say, refinement in manufacturing would certainly be a welcomed practice.

Both my EVO2 Pro the Micro SD card slot doors broke off right after I started flying and had complained time after time to Autel, seems like they only understand CHINESE ! On my Typhoon H, I always used Scotch tape, the The Typhoon had no cover on the slot ! Without the proper Micro SD card cover, its a SHAME to Autel company yet the Drone by itself is getting better by leaps and bound !
**--** The Micro SD card door is hinged in the front and facing backwards protects the SD card from falling off in flight. I once found after flight the SD card was out of the slot and the door was open yet prevented the card from falling in flight !
* * Having that 10 cents cover is a must ! ( In reality the door should only cost 2 to 3 cents only )

*-* I had bought the USB-C cables to directly copy my video and pictures without ever taking the 256 GB card out but some how it does not work, would have made life easy tho ! !

Attachments

• 20211129_062850.jpg
    20211129_062850.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_6225 Sharp Sm.jpg
    DSC_6225 Sharp Sm.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I take out my card after every single flight so over the summer, that's twice a week at least. is that frequent enough to start experiencing a problem? I'm guessing the door's function is to minimize the card popping out during flight and corrupting the video recording.

Both my EVO2 Pro the Micro SD card slot doors broke off right after I started flying and had complained time after time to Autel, seems like they only understand CHINESE ! On my Typhoon H, I always used Scotch tape, the The Typhoon had no cover on the slot ! Without the proper Micro SD card cover, its a SHAME to Autel company yet the Drone by itself is getting better by leaps and bound !
**--** The Micro SD card door is hinged in the front and facing backwards protects the SD card from falling off in flight. I once found after flight the SD car was out of the slot and the door was open yet prevented the card from falling in flight !
* * Having that 10 cents cover is a must !

*-* I had bought the USB-C cables to directly copy my video and pictures without ever taking the 256 GB card out but some how it does not work, would have made life easy tho ! !
Yesterday again I tried to download my images without taking out my Micro SD card through the USB-C connection on the right of the drone, failed to download my images. Why did Autel not give us easy acess to our video and images through USB-C connection, why ?

I use the cable often enough. USB-C to USB-A won't work. Just buy a quality USB-C to USB-A cable. I can attach the drone to my computer and with a Samsung USB-A to USB-C OTG (like the adaptors they used to give to copy old phone to new phone) I can download from the drone to my phone.

Greetings BlairAir, that's strange for I bought 4 cables with USB to USB-C and none of them worked to down load my Video and Images to my Laptop.
I would love to simply not having to take out and put in the Micro SD card ever ! !
Mine does not work at all ! !
After buying 4 cables USB-A to USB-C, money wasted in times like this, when money is hard to find ! !

Last edited:
I must repeat. Usb-c to usb-c does NOT work. It MUST be usb-c to usb-a. If you require USB-C at both ends you must use an OTG (On The Go) adapter or you cable must be OTG. I thought I explained it pretty well, but apparently not. OTG adds circuitry to allow device to device connections. Why it's required on Autel's USB is probably because it's NOT a USB-C-SPEC port. It's simply a USB-C connector.

Someone mentioned the SD card Door was a must because it stopped their SD card falling out..!!! If that was true then I would be looking at the mechanism that holds the SD card in place, it is quite a strong catch, either the SD card was never pushed in properly or the mechanism is knackered, very unusual if that was the case, but possible, anyway rather than worrying about a plastic door I would get the SD card catch mechanism fixed... or put your SD card in properly. Cheers

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy