Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Scary Panorama after firmware upgrade

noidsr

Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if this happened only to me or others experienced the same problem. In Panorama wide mode after finishing taking pictures it normally starts stitching and the video feed is lost while it is doing so. This supposed to be "normal" but the scary thing is that the video feed does not get restored after stitching is complete. Luckily my drone was visible when this happened so I flew back to me manually but then I tried other times it was just the video link broken and all the controls seems to work including Home Return. Out of 3 times 2 times video link failed to comeback. Also, one time after this happened I could not find the panorama stitched image on the memory card. Separate shots were there but the main stitched image was missing. All the above never happened on previous firmwares. I am on Android app. Will do more testing but thinking if I could get back to a previous firmware release. Does any one know how to roll it back? - EVO II PRO 6K V1 - Thanks!

A quick update on more testing with Panorama. Today I tested the same with Ipad app to see if there would be any difference. With this video feed failed 1 time out of 3 panorama shooting times. The image on display stayed this gray no matter what I did including disconnecting ipad while in flight and assuming that I could see video feed on remote control itself using the switch. No luck. However all controls worked including RTH. The feed is restored only after reloading remote control and the aircraft.
Besides, it seems that on ipad panorama got overexposed even though I then switched to a manual settings. It seems that regardless what settings are, manual or auto mode, it still shoots panorama in auto mode.
The latest firmware feels buggy and slower sometimes when changing settings. Every time I would switch from Panorama to a normal mode a pop up message about learning controls would constantly pop up despite canceling it numerous times.
Another thing is that the central point of a panorama is not where you point your camera (up or down) but rather where the app feels right...Many times I tried to adjust my camera downwards on a specific object and start panorama shooting from there and allways the central point would be much higher at the horizon level rather where I wanted and pointed camera. That was disapointing because it limits abilities where you can shoot.
Looking ways to roll back to a previous firmware version.

Last edited:
Load the previous FW with the SD card method.
Where would be possible to download the previous version? It is only the latest one shown on Autelrobotics web site. Unfortunatelly I did not save any of previous versions.....

It looks like you can still get

EVO II V1: V2.7.25
Jul-01-2021

at the old Autel download site. (scroll to the bottom)

Hello! The above mentioned page for the download doesn't exist - this website is down! Where to find the older app-version? I encountered the same problem(s). Also the Smart Orbit won't engage - always returns to Manual Flight...!?

Reactions: Tarrzann
A quick update on more testing with Panorama. Today I tested the same with Ipad app to see if there would be any difference. With this video feed failed 1 time out of 3 panorama shooting times. The image on display stayed this gray no matter what I did including disconnecting ipad while in flight and assuming that I could see video feed on remote control itself using the switch. No luck. However all controls worked including RTH. The feed is restored only after reloading remote control and the aircraft.
Besides, it seems that on ipad panorama got overexposed even though I then switched to a manual settings. It seems that regardless what settings are, manual or auto mode, it still shoots panorama in auto mode.
The latest firmware feels buggy and slower sometimes when changing settings. Every time I would switch from Panorama to a normal mode a pop up message about learning controls would constantly pop up despite canceling it numerous times.
Another thing is that the central point of a panorama is not where you point your camera (up or down) but rather where the app feels right...Many times I tried to adjust my camera downwards on a specific object and start panorama shooting from there and allways the central point would be much higher at the horizon level rather where I wanted and pointed camera. That was disapointing because it limits abilities where you can shoot.
Looking ways to roll back to a previous firmware version.
Hello, any luck resolving this problem? I have tried so many things and nothing works. Autel doesn't seem to care about helping either.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy