Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Satellite Beach Florida Sunrise

kdub2051

Reaction score
Some HDR shots with EVO early morning at Satellite Beach FL. Edited using Cyberlink PhotoDirector 9. ISO 100; Freewell ND16 and ND32 filters.

Attachments

• Beach 1-1.jpg
    Beach 1-1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 34
  • Beach 3-1.jpg
    Beach 3-1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 33
Very, very nice! Man, have I spent a lot of time at a hotel there (Ramada on the beach?). A long drive to the Cape, but quieter than staying in Cocoa Beach with all the rockets scientists and wannabes. ;)

That's amazing. Are you using Photoshop to do the HDR processing?
I'm not getting good results. I need some tips.

I put the same set of photos through this (it's not free, so the finished product is watermarked):
Fotor

and got much better results than I got with Photoshop.

Edit: I just noticed that the video I took at the same time I took snapshots has MUCH better color and exposure.
So I clearly have more to learn about proper camera settings.

Attachments

• Camera snapshot (Medium).JPG
    Camera snapshot (Medium).JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Video snapshot (Medium).png
    Video snapshot (Medium).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I do like the photos but I also find there is a large amount of noise in the photos. Just for fun I ran your first one through Photoshop and used a plug in called Topaz DeNoise 5
Do you think it looks better or worse?

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Better. While you always loose some fine detail with de-noise filters, many times it's worth it. At print-on-the-wall viewing distances, most won't notice the loss. Low-light shots like this using small imagers always have noise in neutral-density areas & shadow areas. The only decent way to partially clean it up is to despeckle/de-noise a bit. The only method I know to get less noise is to use a camera with a big imager. My Nikon D810 is a brick to carry around, but if you want less noise & more dynamic range in these kinds of settings, that's what you need (or the equivalent Canon, Sony, etc.)...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller