Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rumor of an EVO with 1" sensor...

Felipe

Reaction score
I saw a recently posted YouTube video by "Bill the Drone reviewer" where claims he has top secret insider info that Autel will showcase a new EVO with a 1 " sensor at CES 2019 ? Sounds interesting, but a lot of us thought that would be an option in 2018 based on the hype from 2018 CES. It will be a big time game changer it true, fingers crossed, credit card polished!.

That would be awesome but I wouldn't hold my breath on Autel promises.

Why not? Sure the Evo took forever to get on the market, but that was because Autel was designing both a new drone and camera. Now it's just the camera, so may be coming to us faster?

Why not? Sure the Evo took forever to get on the market, but that was because Autel was designing both a new drone and camera. Now it's just the camera, so may be coming to us faster?
I'm not talking about the EVO. I'm talking about promises they made with the XSP.

I'm not talking about the EVO. I'm talking about promises they made with the XSP.

Every time there is an upcoming launch event like CES the rumor mill cranks into high gear. I think with what Autel was able to accomplish with the EVO a 1" sensor may not be that much of a longshot. Honestly I have a hard time seeing a noticeable difference between the EVO Video and M2P video and there has been a lot of speculation that DJI had to throttle back the image processor on the M2P due to over heating concerns.

Every time there is an upcoming launch event like CES the rumor mill cranks into high gear. I think with what Autel was able to accomplish with the EVO a 1" sensor may not be that much of a longshot. Honestly I have a hard time seeing a noticeable difference between the EVO Video and M2P video and there has been a lot of speculation that DJI had to throttle back the image processor on the M2P due to over heating concerns.
The promises were made by Autel. They were not rumors. I'll leave it at that. I hope the new sensor happens.

I saw a recently posted YouTube video by "Bill the Drone reviewer" where claims he has top secret insider info that Autel will showcase a new EVO with a 1 " sensor at CES 2019 ? Sounds interesting, but a lot of us thought that would be an option in 2018 based on the hype from 2018 CES. It will be a big time game changer it true, fingers crossed, credit card polished!.

I wouldn't doubt that they will release a new drone in January, but it might take a few months for them to get it for sale just like the Evo Standard. By the way, that is what they are calling the Evo now in their RMA process, so I assume there will be a Evo Pro or something else new.

They didnt even allow us to program the 2 rear buttons on the controller as of today.. So I dont think you will see a new Evo with a 1" sensor in the near future... I have Mavic 2 Pro w 1" sensor and it doesnt even use the whole 1" sensor. My Photos on my Mavic 1 and Evo are as good if not better than my Mavic 2 Pro JMI

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
Really, can the general public really distinguish video or photos taken by 1 inch sensor. Naw, don 't think so

Really, can the general public really distinguish video or photos taken by 1 inch sensor. Naw, don 't think so
Not any longer, they can't. I doubt that many professionals could either. Ask them to pick the EVO image from a bunch of 1" sensor images in a blind tasting and I'll wager many would get it wrong.

I would say it depends on the product. I can tell the difference between a P4pro and the Evo / Mavic *s

I would say it depends on the product. I can tell the difference between a P4pro and the Evo / Mavic *s
I can tell them all apart from a distance, mainly because they have different color balances. At forensic level, the EVO produces, imho, higher quality, better focused and less noisy video with fewer artifacts than every 4k drone I have looked at - with the possible exception of the P4P.

So, Autel are miracle workers and I can't think of any reason at the moment to lust after a 1in sensor unless you need 20MP stills for deep cropping or zooming in post.

I can tell them all apart from a distance, mainly because they have different color balances. At forensic level, the EVO produces, imho, higher quality, better focused and less noisy video with fewer artifacts than every 4k drone I have looked at - with the possible exception of the P4P.

So, Autel are miracle workers and I can't think of any reason at the moment to lust after a 1in sensor unless you need 20MP stills for deep cropping or zooming in post.
I want the 1" sensor just for night time performance and more resolution. I think it is around the corner.

Again, you can tell the difference only because u r in the profession but most of the general public cannot.

When I see how some people set the brightness, saturation and color balance on their TV sets, there's no magic formula - and everyone is entitled to prefer over-saturated images. Equally, I don't think it takes a professional to appreciate a properly calibrated device.

If the do release a new bird I hope it's redesigned.

1) Bigger battery so they can get close to their stated 30 min flight time.

2) Adjust gibal placement so you avoid the props in the shot
3) Fix orbit so you don't have to fly directly over your object first and add a lot more of the expected functions in that mode.

4) Give us the promised rear sensors so that actually serve a purpose.

5) All buttons on controller to be customized and move their location.

6) last but not least, assign a rep from Autel to monitor this forum weekly and request feedback from the people who keep them in business.

Pipe dream I know, but anything is possible. Merry Christmas all.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy