Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RID (Remote ID) add-on module in Europe for older aircraft (EVO 1 and EVO 2 V1 or V2)

uas_gian

Reaction score
Question to all pilots flying Autel's or other drones in European airspace:

Does anyone have some news or need to know information about adding RID to older aircrafts? I think many of us that own one or more older drones and have invested quite some $, £ or € in peripheral hardware would like to know if those announced external RID add-ons will work for us in Europe. Are they going to be compliant with EU regulations, can we keep flying our older aircrafts longer?

Yes no problem, I have this Signal Drone SD20B module to fly with the Evo 1 and the H520 Yuneec.
And crisis on the Cake, the color is matched!
SD20.JPG

Reactions: uas_gian
Question to all pilots flying Autel's or other drones in European airspace:

Does anyone have some news or need to know information about adding RID to older aircrafts? I think many of us that own one or more older drones and have invested quite some $, £ or € in peripheral hardware would like to know if those announced external RID add-ons will work for us in Europe. Are they going to be compliant with EU regulations, can we keep flying our older aircrafts longer?
You can attach a third party RID to any drone as long as you register the RID with the FAA. You can also use one RID amongst multiple drones.

The question was specifically about the European Union. The FAA is not the legal entity there. I would be surprised if an add-on module registered with the FAA is an acceptable device to fly in for example Germany or Spain!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles