Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Reporting pilots not following the law.

rgreene100

Reaction score
I'm an Autel X-star pilot who primarily uses my drone for Real Estate Photography. I'm careful to follow all local airspace rules which are pretty restrictive due to an AFB and Regional Airport who's airspace covers most of the densely populated areas. I have turned down work on more than one occasion that I saw was soon after done by another pilot who chooses to ignore the rules. Would you report that person if you were in my shoes? If there is a fine due to his ignoring the rules does it fall on him or on the person who hired him?

Would you report that person if you were in my shoes? If there is a fine due to his ignoring the rules does it fall on him or on the person who hired him?
I doubt that reporting the other pilot would accomplish much but perhaps you could point out to him that his behavior reflects on all drone pilots and puts our ability to fly in jeopardy. If he were to get caught in the act, I would expect that he would be the one to be fined … he is expected to know the laws and regulations.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg