Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Replacement Batteries, something you might not know

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I was wondering about this question for some time now so I sent off a email to CS and about a hour later I got a return email answering my question. Not bad for a Sunday :)

Question:
"On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 I had a battery replaced under warranty. My X-stars warranty runs out on the 16th of this month. My question is about the replacement battery. Is the batteries warranty good for 200 charges or one year whichever comes first or does it run out on the same date as my X-Stars warranty?

Answer:
"
The replacement is covered a year from the time it is replaced, or the 200 charges whichever comes first. Please let me know if you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them for you!

Regards,

Cole C
Customer Service"

Good to know :)

This is why I don't delete my emails with them. If I did I would have no clue on the replacement date. Old fart, short memory sort of guy :)

Good to know, speaking of batteries, anybody know where to find them for $79 like i'm used to paying. Autel & Amazon are both out.

one way Autel could keep us hooked is if the new 2018 drone used the same xsp batteries. autel batteries are half the cost of dji....

What new 2018 Autel drone? Even if there is, there is almost no chance it will use the same batteries as typically new models have higher capacity and higher voltages. Also, DJI Phantom 3 series batteries (closest to the XSP) are around the $100 mark for OEM DJI batteries, roughly the same price as the Autel batteries. The P4 batteries cost more but they are a much larger battery.
SOURCE: http://amzn.to/2CNtUDg

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
one way Autel could keep us hooked is if the new 2018 drone used the same xsp batteries. autel batteries are half the cost of dji....
However... If the batteries for the EVO last longer (which they do - 30 min), and if they weigh less, then they would be very attractive to us!

I doubt very much that the batteries will be interchangeable, the new Evo looks like it might be smaller. It would be nice to have the same battery so that we would not have to re-invest but any marketing campaign would result in the most profit to be made, hence, new batteries.

I was wondering about this question for some time now so I sent off a email to CS and about a hour later I got a return email answering my question. Not bad for a Sunday :)

Question:
"On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 I had a battery replaced under warranty. My X-stars warranty runs out on the 16th of this month. My question is about the replacement battery. Is the batteries warranty good for 200 charges or one year whichever comes first or does it run out on the same date as my X-Stars warranty?

Answer:
"
The replacement is covered a year from the time it is replaced, or the 200 charges whichever comes first. Please let me know if you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them for you!

Regards,

Cole C
Customer Service"

Good to know :)
I’m so glad you clarified that! Ty!!

I doubt very much that the batteries will be interchangeable, the new Evo looks like it might be smaller. It would be nice to have the same battery so that we would not have to re-invest but any marketing campaign would result in the most profit to be made, hence, new batteries.
Sadly, I fear you’re right. New higher-capacity battery designs, chemistry and electronics add efficiencies we’ll likely never see in the XSP’s bricks...

Good to know, speaking of batteries, anybody know where to find them for $79 like i'm used to paying

Last edited:
Just starting to get interested in this hobby - but continually flying R/C planes and Helicopters; the Drone batteries are very expensive. For larger planes / heli's we run 6S, 4800 - 5200, 45C batteries, costing under $50 each. Or we run a 10S pack - 2 5S in series, same ratings, costing under $45 each (but in this case we run 2 per flight). These batteries are charged through the balance port at typically 1-3C with charge times under 30 minutes. We typically pull 50-75A with a 16" - 22" prop with 10 to 13" pitch. The chargers have all the 'smarts', so nothing in the battery, which could account for some extra cost for drones, but I'd like to see the batteries come down in price (which I'm sure they won't) as this does not need to be such a large profit center for the Drone manufacturers. Hey, just my 2 cents.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller