Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Replacement antennas for smart controller and live deck?

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, five days ago I sent the following email to Autel Support:

"Hi, I would like some information on the antenna specifications for both the Smart Controller and Live Deck. I would specifically like to know the antenna gain in dBi for the Autel supplied antennas for both the V1 Smart Controller and Live Deck."

A support ticket was opened, but no reply from Autel Support yet.

One would need to know that antenna gain in dBi so one could buy replacement antennas for the Smart Controller and Live Deck.

Does anyone here know the antenna gain in dBi for the Autel supplied antennas for both the V1 Smart Controller and Live Deck?

Regards,
Richard

I checked the SmartController manual, doesn’t show SmartController antennas dBi. No idea on live deck, That may be easier to find Information on dBi over SmartController.

Keep us posted if you find it,
Paul

Reactions: edgardcafe
I believe the live deck antennas are 3dbi.

Here is a lint to a post (#7in the linked thread) I made for my antenna/mast project for my live deck FPV ground station set up.

Hi Junior, your attachment is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

BTW, it's now 12 days and counting since I asked Autel Service with a ticket about the antennas. No response from Autel yet.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: BlairAir

"Hi, I would like some information on the antenna specifications for both the Smart Controller and Live Deck. I would specifically like to know the antenna gain in dBi for the Autel supplied antennas for both the V1 Smart Controller and Live Deck."

One would need to know that antenna gain in dBi so one could buy replacement antennas for the Smart Controller and Live Deck.

Does anyone here know the antenna gain in dBi for the Autel supplied antennas for both the V1 Smart Controller and Live Deck?

Regards,
Richard
In Autel Pilots Forum.
An old post from:

Autel Evo Smart Controller Antennas - What's inside?​

Hi Junior, your attachment is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

BTW, it's now 12 days and counting since I asked Autel Service with a ticket about the antennas. No response from Autel yet.

Regards,
Richard
Don't hold your breath. I've opened 14 tickets with Autel and of that, ONE got any reply, then it was never followed up on or resolved. I believe all the folks who have had "great" support all did so with phone calls to Autel Support. Your scenario is hardly unique, and now that Autel's already stretched thin support and development groups have not one but 2 consumer series drones, I don't even bother looking to Autel for help. I come here instead. I let Autel know that a 3 second delay on the pause/stop/brake button on the Smart Controller is incredibly dangerous for autonomous flight modes or even RTH, if the operator needs to stop the aircraft from a collision 💥. After half a dozen attempts, I have to assume Autel doesn't not care. Note that the standard controller button works instantaneously to stop the drone, but on SC, they programed it to match the RTH button - one must assume it's to to prevent accidentally triggering it. Autel has made some great products along the way, but they are not adept at supporting, debugging or adding features. I absolutely love my V2 Evo 2 Pro and V2 Smart Controller, but gave up a while ago on ever seeing them reach their full potential. We haven't seen an update since Autel announced new drones in September. Not what I expected when I spent $4000 as a hobbyist last year, buy I can live with it. If I were a commercial user or fleet manager I would be worried about my job if I were the one who chose Autel for my company. 🙃

Reactions: EBEPLS
I have used these adapters off Amazon with antenna's I bought from there on my V1 SC.
I even put an old set of antenna's from a wifi router and got the same distance as the ones I ordered. The reason you need these adapters is the hole is too small for other antennas.

Reactions: uas_gian
following this thread, as I am curious to hear the outcome about the antennas.

while feeling sorry to hear this, over, and over regarding pending issues getting zero replies.

I also have support tickets still open. Do you know that Autel has two or more lines going for hardware repair tickets vs regular after-sales. Questions about antennas would be after sales rather than the repair department.

I had tickets open for 5 months, almost forgot about it then unexpectedly got a relatively useless answer to something almost half a year old and then ticket was closed a few minutes thereafter. Weird procedure.

Reactions: BlairAir

Regards,
Richard
Yes, good luck same issue. I am selling my pro1 just because of their customer service dept. Well, I will just leave it at that. I am done with Autel going back to DJI

Regards,
Richard
The live deck antennas have a tiny 3db of gain. Flying with the live deck will limit your total range. I've attached a stubby bi-directional amplifier along with a pair of Asus 6db WiFi antennas in an effort to increase range and video quality. While not a perfect solution the combination has improved both range and video quality.

Attachments

• 20230406_123433.jpg
    20230406_123433.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: EBEPLS
Bumping up this thread again.... did anyone ever find any antenna replacement solutions?... specifically anything that would be considered an upgrade?

I have used these adapters off Amazon with antenna's I bought from there on my V1 SC.
I even put an old set of antenna's from a wifi router and got the same distance as the ones I ordered. The reason you need these adapters is the hole is too small for other antennas.
I just sanded the bases of the antennas, the plastic around the SMA females and then they fit directly in the holes. The antennas only cost something like 8 dollars as opposed to 40 for the Autel!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials