Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Removal of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
This document is unpublished. It is scheduled to be published on 12/11/2020.

Once it is published it will be available on this page in an official form. Until then, you can download the unpublished PDF version.

Although we make a concerted effort to reproduce the original document in full on our Public Inspection pages, in some cases graphics may not be displayed, and non-substantive markup language may appear alongside substantive text. If you are using public inspection listings for legal research, you should verify the contents of documents against a final, official edition of the Federal Register. Only official editions of the Federal Register provide legal notice to the public and judicial notice to the courts under 44 U.S.C. 1503 & 1507. Learn more here.

From some of my sources they say the test for hobby\Recreational and a CBO list will be out this month (in theory). That will clear up a lot of misinformation.
So once those rules are finally implemented, all things UAS will be black and white.
All flights will be 107 by default unless they meet all requirements under 44809.

I hope nobody (the entire public) wants to be able to comment or try to have public opinion help decide on any rule making:

"Section 553(b)(3)(B) of the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) (5 U.S.C.) authorizes
agencies to dispense with notice and comment procedures for rules when the agency for “good
cause” finds that those procedures are “impracticable, unnecessary, or contrary to the public
interest.” Under this section, an agency, upon finding good cause, may issue a final rule without
seeking comment prior to the rulemaking. Section 553(d) also authorizes agencies to forgo the
delay in the effective date of the final rule for good cause found and published with the rule."

Yup thats how they are pushing through remote ID and clearing the skies for big tech to fly their drones in your airspace. You don't like it and they are not even going to look at your comments.

• Sad
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Yup thats how they are pushing through remote ID and clearing the skies for big tech to fly their drones in your airspace. You don't like it and they are not even going to look at your comments.

Amazon and other potentially heavy hitters are only "background noise" according to an FAA source that I was reading over at RC Groups... Law enforcement and the FAA themselves want to be able to track down the problem flyers and track every flying gnat in the airspace. This is going to have a HUGE impact on the R/C industry, strangely the fixed wing R/C crowd does not seem too concerned... but they should be up in arms, as we all should I suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Amazon and other potentially heavy hitters are only "background noise" according to an FAA source that I was reading over at RC Groups... Law enforcement and the FAA themselves want to be able to track down the problem flyers and track every flying gnat in the airspace. This is going to have a HUGE impact on the R/C industry, strangely the fixed wing R/C crowd does not seem too concerned... but they should be up in arms, as we all should I suppose.
Will the fixed wing models have to have remote ID too? I do not know anything about them, any forms I can read what they are saying?

Will the fixed wing models have to have remote ID too? I do not know anything about them, any forms I can read what they are saying?
Any R/C aircraft will need it. The exception apparently is like flying at AMA fields or other designated areas... which means most likely one will no longer be able to go to just any ol' open spot and start flying. We will see how it all shakes out, but not good for a lot of r/c enthusiasts.

I keep thinking if everyone drives around in their car with the RID on, on the same day, maybe once a week till the "system" gets so clogged with "useless" data, then the lawmakers will have something new to do o_O

Any R/C aircraft will need it. The exception apparently is like flying at AMA fields or other designated areas... which means most likely one will no longer be able to go to just any ol' open spot and start flying. We will see how it all shakes out, but not good for a lot of r/c enthusiasts.
The model aircraft groups I search for seem like 100% cool with remote ID. Odd.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials