Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Refurbished vs New

Autelguy

Reaction score
This is my 4th dance, rodeo, Evo. My newly returned Evo was still having problems after a repair so Autel decided they would replace it. My "refurbished" Evo is in transit.

While it would have been nice to have it replaced with a brand new Evo, it is what it is.

My questions are... For those of you who have had your Evos replaced with a refurbished unit, have you since had any more issues? What condition was it in cosmetically? Does the 1 year warranty clock start over again?

I'm just curious as to what to expect. It sucks being grounded.

Thanks

My Evo was replaced with a refurbished due to a fly away issue. I don't have serious issue with the refurbished Evo, just the usual tilted background on the videos.

Reactions: xspwhite
My Evo was replaced with a refurbished due to a fly away issue. I don't have serious issue with the refurbished Evo, just the usual tilted background on the videos.
Are you having bent horizon issues?

Reactions: macoman
Yea, seems like my XSP has this issue now too. Never noticed before.

• Wow
Reactions: macoman
Psst! I learned this the hard way. It's probably the cables inside the drone. They make this drone impossible for users to service, but luckily the good folks at Ebay selling spare parts provided some nice tips.

Anyways sometimes a flyaway happens when a board cable fails to relay the signals to the flight controller.... and the flight controller.. just does whatever. The cables are very thin and very BRITTLE.

I thought feds hacked mine til I was forced to attempt to fix my used EVO which I got off of ebay. I'd say used is the way to go. And maybe stock up on spare parts. This thing isn't as strong as a DJI matrice series. Its better than DJI consumer and prosumer drones tho on account of not policing us on behalf of the government.

This drone also has problems with urban range because they fail to use circular polarized antennas..... it's as if commercial drones are deisgned to be weak so they dont pose a threat to the military....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials