Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Refurbished batteries

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Evo batteries in Oz are rarer than hen’s teeth at the moment. I’m sure that will improve. I’ve been given a couple of ‘refurbished’ ones. Any particular tests—other than the obvious—to make sure they’re OK?

I would like to know who ‘refurbished’ them ?
Up until now I thought that was not possible?
How where they ‘refurbished’?
New cells? Or just bought used for resale?

I would like to know who ‘refurbished’ them ?
Up until now I thought that was not possible?
How where they ‘refurbished’?
New cells? Or just bought used for resale?
Don’t know the answers but will ask the questions.

Batteries do contain circuitry that go bad, leaving a perfectly good battery useless.
But is it possible to refurbish them? Like Augustine, I thought a bad battery was just that.

But is it possible to refurbish them? Like Augustine, I thought a bad battery was just that.
If the circuit board went bad, all you need is to repair whatever is wrong with it or replace it. As long as the LiPo cells are in perfect working condition, you will be able to refurbish them.

Reactions: Nightbat2
If the circuit board went bad, all you need is to repair whatever is wrong with it or replace it. As long as the LiPo cells are in perfect working condition, you will be able to refurbish them.
I would be interested in knowing where the batteries come from to be refurbished? From the recycle bin at Home Depot or Best Buy or picked up by the side of the road such as aluminum cans? My battery went bad and Autlel said not to send it back but to put in a recycle bin.

I would expect Autel or any other drone sellers who provide replacement batteries to answer just "bin it"!. Its bad for their business to say otherwise.
In some cases dealers "refurbished" means a clean and buff up to elevate the advertising from saying "2nd hand".

As for buying 2nd hand from a fellow EVO pilot or "refurbished" from some dealer, I would not hesitate if it was giving me more air time.
First of all I would be charging it safely outside and frequently checking it for excess heat.

Secondly, to test the batteries functionally, I would just let it hover in the back yard at lift off height, park my butt on a seat, let it hover until empty and watch the controller for any alerts, and maybe a stopwatch to gauge how long the flying time.

IMHO, Its just a power cell. I somehow can't see a battery hijack a drone and fly it off into the horizon.

Maybe a good pick up Nightbat2. Hope you prove the dealers wrong. Got me interested. Should be a few around when EVO2 hits the air.

I would expect Autel or any other drone sellers who provide replacement batteries to answer just "bin it"!. Its bad for their business to say otherwise.
In some cases dealers "refurbished" means a clean and buff up to elevate the advertising from saying "2nd hand".

As for buying 2nd hand from a fellow EVO pilot or "refurbished" from some dealer, I would not hesitate if it was giving me more air time.
First of all I would be charging it safely outside and frequently checking it for excess heat.

Secondly, to test the batteries functionally, I would just let it hover in the back yard at lift off height, park my butt on a seat, let it hover until empty and watch the controller for any alerts, and maybe a stopwatch to gauge how long the flying time.

IMHO, Its just a power cell. I somehow can't see a battery hijack a drone and fly it off into the horizon.

Maybe a good pick up Nightbat2. Hope you prove the dealers wrong. Got me interested. Should be a few around when EVO2 hits the air.
Yes, charged them up yesterday. Will check them out at low level and close when the weather improves.

Weather improves! You getting soaked again? Getting 32C here. Dropping 12 degs on Saturday. Will keep the batteries cooler:rolleyes:

Weather improves! You getting soaked again? Getting 32C here. Dropping 12 degs on Saturday. Will keep the batteries cooler:rolleyes:
Showery and a little windy just now, promises to settle down in the afternoon.

Evo batteries in Oz are rarer than hen’s teeth at the moment. I’m sure that will improve. I’ve been given a couple of ‘refurbished’ ones. Any particular tests—other than the obvious—to make sure they’re OK?
And you are selling them, is that correct?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg