Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rebuilding the Autel Battery

That's exactly why I just bought two more batteries on Best Buy's eBay storefront for $79 each. I'm going to fly the XSP until I can't, or I see a drone with a substantially better camera for a reasonable price.

Interestingly, both batteries didn't arrive together. I got one today, and the last one comes in three days. I guess this means they don't have too many left, if they're shipping from different locations for an order of only two!

Autel Robotics - MaxEn Lithium-Polymer Battery for X-Star and X-Star Premium ... | eBay

Reactions: KentA
That's exactly why I just bought two more batteries on Best Buy's eBay storefront for $79 each. I'm going to fly the XSP until I can't, or I see a drone with a substantially better camera for a reasonable price.

Interestingly, both batteries didn't arrive together. I got one today, and the last one comes in three days. I guess this means they don't have too many left, if they're shipping from different locations for an order of only two!

Autel Robotics - MaxEn Lithium-Polymer Battery for X-Star and X-Star Premium ... | eBay
Thanks for the link & warning. I just ordered another.

Nice work Kent! I did something similar with Phantom batteries when I was worried about its future and tore apart the first ever smart batteries that anyone made for quads. As it turned out there was no need for the Phantom as they are everywhere, even today. I also don't fly it anymore due to the extream advances in those 3 years since they discontinued it. I now use those batteries with my Osmo+ so they didn't go to waste, and they still work even after 4+ years of service.
This is another reason why you want to purchase from a long established company if you want to give a better shot of longevity. I can still buy brand new batteries for my second gen quad that was discontinued in early 2015 and there are a plethora of aftermarket batteries for it also.

Reactions: KentA
I have seen a few posts on facebook and think on this forum about companies that can rebuild the Lipo batteries. If this is true has anyone emailed any of them and asked for pricing and turn around times?
A google search I only came across one so far that said they do RC batteries.
Custom Battery Packs

Lots that do power tool packs but the RC batteries not so much.

MetalSmith, I'm with you. This was a big decision for me and quite an investment. I'm done with Autel. Only flew a few times and now the thing's history.

MetalSmith, I'm with you. This was a big decision for me and quite an investment. I'm done with Autel. Only flew a few times and now the thing's history.
It will be good for a while to come. I still have older batteries that work well on other models. And there will be the small-scale rebuilding of them. I tend to want newer features, so sooner or later, I buy a new model that has the features I like. It is one of those pay to play games where you are always going to be upside down, but you get the enjoyment in return for that. It is not a cheap hobby, never has been.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles