Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rebuilding batteries

moodman

Reaction score
A battery pack, no matter which version or manufacturer, is essentially all the same on the inside. The differences occur mostly on the controller board and form factor (how it fits in your drone)
But on the inside are a series of cells stacked together to create the amount of current and voltage the drone needs.
That said, if there were an easy way to crack the case and replace those batteries, you could rebuild aging battery packs and extend the life of your drone.
Of course, the manufacturers don't want this to be easy, since that would stop people from buying future drones. This is why batteries from one generation don't work in newer generations, even though they all do the same thing (supply voltage and current)
I remember the early days of drones when there WAS a standard battery pack that fit every drone. Today, you have to build your own in order to use this standard battery pack.
I wish someone would start a company that would rebuild old battery packs so I could continue using my old Evo 1.

A battery pack, no matter which version or manufacturer, is essentially all the same on the inside. The differences occur mostly on the controller board and form factor (how it fits in your drone)
But on the inside are a series of cells stacked together to create the amount of current and voltage the drone needs.
That said, if there were an easy way to crack the case and replace those batteries, you could rebuild aging battery packs and extend the life of your drone.
Of course, the manufacturers don't want this to be easy, since that would stop people from buying future drones. This is why batteries from one generation don't work in newer generations, even though they all do the same thing (supply voltage and current)
I remember the early days of drones when there WAS a standard battery pack that fit every drone. Today, you have to build your own in order to use this standard battery pack.
I wish someone would start a company that would rebuild old battery packs so I could continue using my old Evo 1.
HI as it seems I cannot get new batteries for my Evo1 here in the EU, I consider rebuilding the battery packs. There are 3 3.6v Lion batteries in there I think, which are easy to get with solder tabs from a local supplier. If I go ahead ,I will take photos to show so others can also do it.

I don't have an evo 1 battery but I assume it is similar to the mavic. The cells would be easy to replace, just depends on how the case is put together.

There is a YouTuber in Ukraine who has a video on Evo 1 battery repairs. Check him out at

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy