Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RC disconnecting from Drone after a few hundred feet ??

Marty Evo Pro

Reaction score
Hi folks, my EVO II Pro keeps disconnecting from the RC after it gets a few hundred feet away. Been flying her around cruise ships for more than a year and never had any issues.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions I can try to help determine what the issue is? I'm traveling in Mexico right now too difficult to ship out to get fixed. Could it be result of Firmware upload?

Got new phone cord, deleted the app and reloaded, reconnected remote. Still the same.. will fly above me for a long time but once I fly a few hundred feet the drone disconnects from RC and fly's home.

The attached video shows exactly where it's loosening connection and flying back home.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks../Marty

Standard controller or using Alientech Duo? My alientech started doing that so put it on upside down to solve the problem. Probably just a loose wire in mine. It works and I don't mind it :).

standard controller.. saw a youtube video on how to open up RC and check wires going to do that next...thanx../mc

I had a similar problem with the controller disconnecting at short distance on my Evo II Pro v2 and contacted Autel support, who recommended a manual firmware (FW) update that fixed the problem. I had tried a manual FW update already, but only with FW downloaded from auteldrones.com. The difference was that the Autel support rep sent me a pdf file containing a FW update manual with instructions that point to firmware at autelrobotics.com, stating that this is the definitive source for the most current firmware releases. I've attached the pdf to this post below. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EVO II Manual Firmware Update SA.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 15
That didn't work :(

Going to buy a new remote and hope that solves the issue...
Hello Marty,

Sorry to hear the disconnect issues, hopefully the replacement controller fixes the problem.

Please double check with Controller seller that the replacement controller matches yours, V1 or V2 make sure replacement controller is same as yours.

Please keep us updated,
Paul

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d