Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Raw photos?

Ya best bet would be to find all the Youtubers that have one to review and make a post on their Youtube page asking for Raw photos. You might get lucky and have one of them help you out.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I've been a XSP owner and am hoping to upgrade to the Evo 2. Does anyone know if the Evo 2's DNG/RAW files include the exif data? The XSP's DNG files did not include the exif data so if you were trying to merge an HDR image via lightroom you had to merge the exif data over via a terminal script which was very time consuming.

So what are your impressions?
I'm encouraged, but not sure about the actual quality, because the photos he took 1) were of a snowy area around a bridge, and other areas made up of mostly snow, so the amount of color details to study is minimal. Something in a space with a lot more color, and lots of objects to inspect would have been much more helpful. 2) He took these photos in low light scenarios (probably very early in the morning, or late in the evening), so the exposure has to be brought up, which introduces some noise. 3) The images he shot were all shot with the f/1.8 lens, so of course that limits the fidelity of the image quality.

All that being said, there seems to be pretty good dynamic range in the raw images overall. My overall impression is that it is good, and the 48 megapixel photos is a definite improvement on anything we've seen from DJI, or Autel. I'm just unsure of how good it is due to the lack of color and recognizable details in the photos. All the video I've seen looks fantastic, so at this point, I'm really more interested in the quality of the photography.

What will truly be the test is with the "Pro" version of the camera with adjustable aperture. That will be the real game changer.

Reactions: easyheimer
I'm encouraged, but not sure about the actual quality, because the photos he took 1) were of a snowy area around a bridge, and other areas made up of mostly snow, so the amount of color details to study is minimal. Something in a space with a lot more color, and lots of objects to inspect would have been much more helpful. 2) He took these photos in low light scenarios (probably very early in the morning, or late in the evening), so the exposure has to be brought up, which introduces some noise. 3) The images he shot were all shot with the f/1.8 lens, so of course that limits the fidelity of the image quality.

All that being said, there seems to be pretty good dynamic range in the raw images overall. My overall impression is that it is good, and the 48 megapixel photos is a definite improvement on anything we've seen from DJI, or Autel. I'm just unsure of how good it is due to the lack of color and recognizable details in the photos. All the video I've seen looks fantastic, so at this point, I'm really more interested in the quality of the photography.

What will truly be the test is with the "Pro" version of the camera with adjustable aperture. That will be the real game changer.

This is encouraging.

I agree tough to tell with those images. I want to see some from the 6K and can't find raw sample files for that either.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t