Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Range

bkushner

Reaction score
Definitely the range can’t touch DJI. I fly in the same location Day in Day out for years and every DJai drone I’ve had going back to Phantom three could reach a certain point on the river about 14,000 feet away. Today the light plus made it about 6500 feet and lost signal. Direct line of sight. Not sure anyone will match or better Occusync.

I'm also a long ranger and fly mostly in the same area every day (288h flightime and 8.000Km), but I couldn't try the Lite+ myself because I had to return it to the dealer as the gimbal briked during the initial firmware update, so I couldn't even try a single flight.

I've been flying with the Mini 2 and the Air2S for a year and a half, both of them with the FCC hack. There is still no FCC hack for Autel, so I know for sure the Lite+ in CE mode will perform way worse that what I'm used to (range and signal quality).

On the other hand, Air2S had less range than the Mini 2 at the beginning, it needed a few firmware updates before it started to work well and on the battery side, it just stays in the air for about 17 minutes if you travel a lot, and never goes past 22 or so while hovering. Lite+ has way more juice.

Maybe Autel transmission doesn't perform as well as OccuSync, but at least Autel doesn't sell you to the authorities like DJI does with their DJI Aeroscope systems, which are quite popular in my country (I switched to Atuel mainly for that reason).

Let's see if my second Lite+ doesn't come faulty and can say goodbye to my DJI drones.

Last edited:
I'm also a long ranger and fly mostly in the same area every day (288h flightime and 8.000Km), but I couldn't try the Lite+ myself because I had to return it to the dealer as the gimbal briked during the initial firmware update, so I couldn't even try a single flight.

I've been flying with the Mini 2 and the Air2S for a year and a half, both of them with the FCC hack. There is still no FCC hack for Autel, so I know for sure the Lite+ in CE mode will perform way worse that what I'm used to (range and signal quality).

On the other hand, Air2S had less range than the Mini 2 at the beginning, it needed a few firmware updates before it started to work well and on the battery side, it just stays in the air for about 17 minutes if you travel a lot, and never goes past 22 or so while hovering. Lite+ has way more juice.

Maybe Autel transmission doesn't perform as well as OccuSync, but at least Autel doesn't sell you to the authorities like DJI does with their DJI Aeroscope systems, which are quite popular in my country (I switched to Atuel mainly for that reason).

Let's see if my second Lite+ doesn't come faulty and can say goodbye to my DJI drones.
I agree as to Autel's attributes...also it's very close to being very good.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
The one thing I cannot complain about with the Lite+ is the amazing range I get. I cannot compare it to my Mavic 3 but when compared to my Air2S I can reach 3000 meters with Lite and Air2S cuts of at around 2000+ meters. The Lite gives me a solid signal all the way. I wish I could post those flights but could not upload them to YouTube because of all the drone police where I live who will report me to CAA.

The one thing I cannot complain about with the Lite+ is the amazing range I get. I cannot compare it to my Mavic 3 but when compared to my Air2S I can reach 3000 meters with Lite and Air2S cuts of at around 2000+ meters. The Lite gives me a solid signal all the way. I wish I could post those flights but could not upload them to YouTube because of all the drone police where I live who will report me to CAA.
I'm the opposite. My DJI Air 2S easily reached 14000 feet when the Lite cut out at 6000 feet. I'm sure it's different for all locations.

Well, today I could test my Lite+ and wow, it has just blown all the previous records I had with my Air2S, ,which was hacked to work on FCC instead of CE. With the Lite+ connection is rock solid in even in a high interference area at 6Km... and the drone isn't even hacked, so presumably I was in CE mode. On that same area with my Air2S in CE mode I could not get past 4Km, and with the drone hacked to transmit in FCC it went to 5Km.

And my intention on that flight wasn't even to push the boundaries, it was just a long range flight to compare to my previous experience with my Mini 2 and Air 2S.

Tomorrow I'll send the drone to the "death antenna" where all my DJI drones lose connection and see what happens, but I can clearly see that Autel transmission system is superior, I suppose having three channels instead of two works well. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Well, today I could test my Lite+ and wow, it has just blown all the previous records I had with my Air2S, ,which was hacked to work on FCC instead of CE. With the Lite+ connection is rock solid in even in a high interference area at 6Km... and the drone isn't even hacked, so presumably I was in CE mode. On that same area with my Air2S in CE mode I could not get past 4Km, and with the drone hacked to transmit in FCC it went to 5Km.

And my intention wasn't even pushing the boundaries, it was just a long range flight to compare to my previous experience with my Mini 2 and Air 2S.

Tomorrow I'll send the drone to the "death antenna" where all my DJI drones lose connection and see what happens, but I can clearly see that Autel transmission system is superior, I suppose having three channels instead of two works well. :D
Very impressive range

And my intention on that flight wasn't even to push the boundaries, it was just a long range flight to compare to my previous experience with my Mini 2 and Air 2S.

Cool! are there any online maps that show where the high interference areas are?

Cool! are there any online maps that show where the high interference areas are?

Basically any town/city will be a source of interfenrece, specially if you are at a long distance from the drone.

The main difference with the DJI drones is that DJI cut off the signal and engages RTH way before than Autel, when you get low signal on Autel transmitted image can pixelate and degrade vastly, but you can still see and fly if you want (similar to what happens with analog video transmitters) but on DJI drones when you lose a bit of signal (2 bars or so) resolution degrades a bit and then pitch black and RTH.

Basically any town/city will be a source of interfenrece, specially if you are at a long distance from the drone.

The main difference with the DJI drones is that DJI cut off the signal and engages RTH way before than Autel, when you get low signal on Autel transmitted image can pixelate and degrade vastly, but you can still see and fly if you want (similar to what happens with analog video transmitters) but on DJI drones when you lose a bit of signal (2 bars or so) resolution degrades a bit and then pitch black and RTH.
I find that to be true so far to the Air2S drones and below. For the Mavic 3, I could push on with only 1 bar of signal and the drone would just keep going. The only limitation with the Mavic 3 was its battery.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy