Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Range: I'm only able to go 800 meters.

Cleric

Reaction score
I just purchased the Lite+ and I am only able to get it to fly about 800-ish meters. I am not in novice mode and I have set distance to unlimited. What am I doing wrong? I do use my phone in airplane mode.

I just purchased the Lite+ and I am only able to get it to fly about 800-ish meters. I am not in novice mode and I have set distance to unlimited. What am I doing wrong? I do use my phone in airplane mode.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! What obstructions around you?

Reactions: GFields
i'm also having issues with range with my autel lite+. i think its that they're trying to cram too much data. i get lag/delay making it unusable when it should probably switch to lower bitrate feed i think?

a decent 2.4ghz booster is what made the difference for me with other dji drones through trees (if you could switch to 2.4ghz).
i've had great success with alientech stuff.. even their passive directional panel (have a 2.4ghz + 5.8ghz one).
alientech is coming up with an adapter for the autel lite+ controller which should be ready next month (or shipping in sept??).
i'm getting the adapter only since i already own a panel antenna and an amplified antenna from them.

only caveat other than having to haul more equipment around is that you have to aim the antenna towards the drone.
i love patch antennas over omnidirectional personally just because i like having range/penetration and typically try to maintain LOS anyway.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles