Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Range Extender -vs- Antenna

swmdyna

Reaction score
I dropped my EVO controller and it landed right on the joint and snap the pin and housing on the antenna side. I could have the antenna replaced for the cost of the antenna according to Autel support, which is more than fair for my clumsiness. I'm considering replacing the antenna with a 4Hawk Range Extender. Extended range would be a bonus but not as important to me as a more durable antenna. I don't plan to use a hard case but will pack all my flight gear in a few padded bags so the bulk of the 4Hawk is no problem. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

It voids your controller warranty. Send it in and get it fixed from them, you should have not told them you dropped it, the pins break really easily and its a common problem.; Have a great day.

It voids your controller warranty. Send it in and get it fixed from them, you should have not told them you dropped it, the pins break really easily and its a common problem.; Have a great day.
Yes, knew about warranty issue but still a good point. I also didn't want to crack into the remote case. I shipped it out today for Autel to fix. If I break it again and go through shipping to and from it's still cheaper than a range extender. I had 3D printed a PLA block and attached it to a tablet case with swivel attachments for a lanyard. All was going well until the remote slipped down. Gotta be more careful next time.

Reactions: Madhungarian
Yes, knew about warranty issue but still a good point. I also didn't want to crack into the remote case. I shipped it out today for Autel to fix. If I break it again and go through shipping to and from it's still cheaper than a range extender. I had 3D printed a PLA block and attached it to a tablet case with swivel attachments for a lanyard. All was going well until the remote slipped down. Gotta be more careful next time.

Were you going to modify the controller yourself or have someone else do it. A lot of people don't want to mess with the Evo controllers for some reason. It's not that hard to do.

I've watched video of the 4hawk install and it looks simple enough but I decided to let Autel fix the antenna. I didn't need extended range but was looking for a more robust antenna that would take more effort for me to break. Metal mounts and joints without interference to antenna performance? I would modify my remote if that was an option.

I've watched video of the 4hawk install and it looks simple enough but I decided to let Autel fix the antenna. I didn't need extended range but was looking for a more robust antenna that would take more effort for me to break. Metal mounts and joints without interference to antenna performance? I would modify my remote if that was an option.

I just ordered the Alientech ALIENTECH 2.4Ghz Antenna booster for DJI MAVIC PRO / PHANTOM .... I just wanted to try one out and see if they're any good or not. Looks like it's made pretty well so I guess we'll see in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: swmdyna

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller