Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Questions on firmware and more

brianb

Reaction score
I just bought my EVO 1 from a friend. How do I see what the firmware is that is on the EVO and the remote?
My explorer is version 1.4.18 on the iPhone.
I have been reading the forum and I see that the batteries can be firmware upgraded. How do you do this?
One more question, took it out for a flight today and the left controller quit responding. Was able to land and after rebooting it came back into operation.
That's all for today. Thanks for any replies.
Brian

I don't have an Evo 1 but with the Evo 2, the version numbers are displayed in sequence on the remote controller during power on

Thanks. Like so many forums again search is your friend. I, being new do not know what terms I should be searching for. But I'm a quick learner.

OK. I have done searches for this and not found an answer.
I can search my controller in explorer and find a list of all the actions and their firmware, from flight control, camera, remote, etc all the way through Battery.
Where do I find the actual current .bin installed firmware listed? Otherwise, where do I go to compare the versions listed to the versions available?
Also, I purchased two more batteries, how do I upgrade their firmware without installing each one on the EVO one at a time and re running the .bat installation????

You should be able to go into Settings, (gear icon) General and then Firmware version. That should show you the info you want. The EVO II might have to be connected so the explorer App knows what is on your EVO II.

The batteries will have to be updated one at a time on the EVO II.

I have the EVO 1.
The info in the gear icon lists all the functions that have versions. It does not show the "master" upgrade.
Are the batteries upgraded just bu inserting them on the drone body or do I have to run the .bin file repeatedly?

I have the EVO 1.
The info in the gear icon lists all the functions that have versions. It does not show the "master" upgrade.
Are the batteries upgraded just bu inserting them on the drone body or do I have to run the .bin file repeatedly?
If you have the following numbers, you have the latest firmware.
Screenshot_20200711-001958_Samsung Internet.jpg
If you want to run the firmware on all batteries, then you have to run the bin for each battery or OTA.

Thank you so much!
That list is what I have installed on my EVO.

How do I run OTA firmware on the batteries? I can't find it in the manual?

Reactions: Ansia
Thank you so much!
That list is what I have installed on my EVO.

How do I run OTA firmware on the batteries? I can't find it in the manual?
When you turn on your drone and remote with your phone/tablet with internet connection, if your battery needs an update, you will get prompted for the update. Just click it and let it update OTA without having to add the firmware into the SD. Except for the last firmware I did all my updates this way.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d