Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question/Feature request - side by side display

SARty

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Autel hasn't updated Explorer to allow viewing the IR and RGB camera feeds side by side? I assume this is not a hardware limitation. This functionality is very needed in Public Safety so that multiple people can search the feeds simultaneously.

@Blade Strike, any word on if this is doable?

Does anyone know why Autel hasn't updated Explorer to allow viewing the IR and RGB camera feeds side by side? I assume this is not a hardware limitation. This functionality is very needed in Public Safety so that multiple people can search the feeds simultaneously.

@Blade Strike, any word on if this is doable?
It could be but I don't know how well it would work. The main issue that you have is 2 resolutions that are quite large. I can put it on the request list.

It could be but I don't know how well it would work. The main issue that you have is 2 resolutions that are quite large. I can put it on the request list.

Thank you @Blade Strike!

I’m not up on the technical issues involved, but I would imagine current tablets, phones, and smart controllers are more capable of processing dual feeds compared to the CrystalSky and other older devices?

DJI’s implementation of this is extremely helpful. Rather than having to stop and investigate every heat target, we’re able to quickly see what an object is and move on. This cuts search time down significantly. Without this functionality, false positives from things like warm rocks really slows things down.

In addition to this, another feature that would be very helpful is the ability to choose which feed is output from HDMI. The use case is the same as above, except with this method, the searcher is able to view whichever feed they’re needing at full size. This too can significantly increase our chances of finding the subject.

Ideally, even if it takes additional hardware in the form of a Live Deck like device, we could have a screen dedicated to the RGB feed, thermal feed, as well as the map.

The side by side feature would be the priority for SAR, so that we have a solution when packing minimal gear into the field.

Thanks again - I know a lot of Public Safety folks out there would really benefit from this, along with our subjects.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy