Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about registering my EVO II Pro V3 drone with FAA

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
On the FAA Dronezone.gov website, I was trying to register my EVO II Pro V3 drone. There is a request to enter my drone's Remote I.D.

Is this the same as its S/N or is it a different number?

If it is a different number, where do I find that?

I sent an email to Autel Robotics about this a day ago and have not heard back from them.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: MikeCobb
It isn't the same as your drone serial number. When you hover over the space to enter the RID serial number, you will see the message on the photo I attached. I also contacted Autel and am waiting for a response.

faarid.png

I did some more investigation and now believe that we don't need to reply that our drones are RID Compliant ..... yet. Since it doesn't start until September 2023 we can just answer no to the question.

Reactions: tanasit
Make sure you choose "standard remote ID" It should be your SN, but when you sign into the Explorer app, it will ask for your 107 certificate # before you can operate the drone on any V3

On the FAA Dronezone.gov website, I was trying to register my EVO II Pro V3 drone. There is a request to enter my drone's Remote I.D.

Is this the same as its S/N or is it a different number?

If it is a different number, where do I find that?

I sent an email to Autel Robotics about this a day ago and have not heard back from them.

Thanks in advance!
If you go to the Declaration of Compliance website (see links below) and search for your aircraft, with a filter for RID. You will most likely not see your aircraft serial number being included. As stated before, Autel has submitted additional aircraft serial numbers for approval. Until your aircraft serial number is approved, you select "No" for "Does your aircraft have RID?"

After the FAA approves your aircraft serial number, just go back into Drone Zone and update that question with a "Yes" and add the RID serial number.

DOC list: https://faadronezone-access.faa.gov/

DroneZone: https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Hope this helped.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d