Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about Go Home

UUMickey

Reaction score
I've got a question about how Go Home works. I see in the manual that it will return to a specified altitude and then fly itself back to the launch point and land.

My question is, will it fly there in a straight line? For example, I launch the EVO, fly it over a line of trees and then back down to a lower altitude and then fly it around and press Go Home. Will it fly directly back to the launch point and thus into the trees or will it fly back the track that it used to get to its current location and avoid the tress it had to fly over to begin with?

It will go straight up to the RTH altitude that you set it at so just make sure it's above the tree level and it will come straight back.

In case of an obstacle (tree) the sensor will make it drift left or right to miss it. It does not do well with small branches or low light.

The drone will first rise to the set "return to home" altitude and then go back to where it took off in a straight line. That is why it is important to have that altitude set high enough to clear any trees/obstacles because it will return automatically if it loses connection and you might not see it's location at that point.
Also, it should be noted that if the return to home is initiated either manually or automatically and it is currently higher than the set altitude, it will just come home at the current altitude

Reactions: Birddog0

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain