Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Propellers installed wrong

Ncuozzo

Reaction score
Hey guys recently got an evo 2 6k. I noticed a couple of days ago it wasn’t flying completely straight anymore. Upon inspection I found that I had mismatched the props marked in unmarked and so forth. Did I damage my drone?

Hey guys recently got an evo 2 6k. I noticed a couple of days ago it wasn’t flying completely straight anymore. Upon inspection I found that I had mismatched the props marked in unmarked and so forth. Did I damage my drone?
Shouldn't have damaged anything. Just make sure to do a compass, IMU, and compass calibration. I don't know the pitch difference in the blades but it could've cause some miscompare between those three elements.

To answer your question... No. The rotors are plastic and the motor mount is metallic. So it would be hard to hurt the drone with the wrong rotor (until your drone loses the rotor mid-flight ...then all bets are off).

In fact, I'm amazed you managed to jam the wrong rotors in place at all.

Here are two videos where I discuss the topics of rotor mounting and checking (old and new EVO models use the same rotor assembly system, so my videos apply to both EVO I/II)...

How to mount (detailed explanation)...

How to know 100% absolutely positively for certain that your rotors are locked in place...

IMPOSSIBLE for the drone to fly with propellers on the wrong motors. The drone would immediately flip on power up of motors. By mismatch I assume you meant that you used 2 original props and 2 newer quieter props together? The flight controller could handle that easily I imagine.

I had built this rather large hex copter, took my time, super clean build. Went to power it up for a maiden flight....it immediately flipped, no matter what I did. I checked everything, re-checked again. I was sure I was super careful on everything. DOH! what happened when I programmed the flight controller was, I had turned the frame 180 degrees, so programmed the motors wrong in the programming. I was just glad that I didn't break anything when it kept flipping. Straightened out the programming and viola! Perfect flying machine.

In all my years of flying drones, I have never had any props fly off because they were not on tight enough, or I somehow didn't put them on correctly. ALWAYS take the extra 30 seconds for each prop and make sure they are on correctly and tight. You won't regret taking that small amount of extra time. The push-turn props make is so easy, but don't get complacent.

Reactions: Deleted member 6303

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain