Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Prop Strike

andrew124C41

Reaction score
I was working at night and removed and replaced the props and when I started them, one of them was not on tight somehow and hit the top of the landing pad. I replaced it after checking the drone out carefully and all is well.

However, I tested the prop without taking off and it doesn't seem unbalanced or damaged in any way. Of course at 9 bucks I can throw it away but with RC aircraft I can often finely sand the surface.

Just want to know if anyone has done that.

Attachments

• 20221009_194909.jpg
    20221009_194909.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221009_194823.jpg
    20221009_194823.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 10
I was working at night and removed and replaced the props and when I started them, one of them was not on tight somehow and hit the top of the landing pad. I replaced it after checking the drone out carefully and all is well.

However, I tested the prop without taking off and it doesn't seem unbalanced or damaged in any way. Of course at 9 bucks I can throw it away but with RC aircraft I can often finely sand the surface.

Just want to know if anyone has done that.
Yes I have.
On my DJI Mini 2 and my Autel EVO 2. The Evo 2 prop is a spare now but works well and the Mini 2 is still on the drone and fly's well.
I hit my fiber optic cable in the back yard lifting off and nicked it up somewhat then with a jewelers file smoothed it out along with some 900 sand paper.

Scratches on the outer ends of propellers have little effect on the overall performance. As long as the mounting construction is not cracked or bent and the hinges are still folding smoothly, they will work fine. I have been flying an Evo 2 Pro with scraped props alike yours (after my drone touched a concrete ceiling) for a year since the incident happened.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE