Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Preventing accidental shutdown

YuKay

Reaction score
As a novice about to take delivery of my EVO, I'm a little concerned that, by accident or in panic, I might trigger the command stick toe-in shutdown in mid-flight. Is it possible to disable the toe-in command?

And if it did happen, is there any way to recover, ie re-start the motor before a crash?

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.39.52.png

I would not worry about it to much. When I got my X-Star it had that option. The only thing it was good for was tipping over the UAV on the ground. The chances of you ever putting the sticks in that position while flying is very slim. This is why they used this position in the first place. Kind of .....well if they manage to do this in the air then they really should not be flying a UAV anyways.

Last edited:
There must be an emergency scenario where you would choose to cut the motor otherwise the function wouldn't be there. The best that Autel could come up with was that if the EVO was stuck in a tree with the motor running, it might protect some parts if you could switch the motor off. But they also admitted that no-one had yet reported such a scenario - to which I suggested that the functionality might be potentially risky for a newbie…and they replied that they hadn't received any reports of accidental triggering either.

They also confirmed that once the EVO motor is cut, it can't be restarted in mid-air because the IMU unit needs to be able to re-calibrate.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials