Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precision mode IOS added.

I tried Precision Mode for the first time today and it works well but not perfectly on this occasion. I selected the minimum speed of 3mph and recorded a 360 degree stationary yaw at full throttle - which was very slow. The footage was nice and smooth apart from two short stutters. I would normally blame the stick operator for finger twitch but as the stick was hard left throughout, I couldn't blame myself. It was a bit windy (15mph at GZ and maybe 20mph where I was though I didn't check) so I'll try again on a calm day. Given the wind, I was pleased - unless we're supposed to get flawless yaws in a wind…

I set up for an over-the-air update yesterday and today; nada. Could this be a phased release? Only saw 1.3.3.25 firmware link on the download page.

Go into App Store updates and you may find that the new version has already been pushed to your device without you noticing. Mine was. If not, try downloading the app again.

No Autel Explorer update in the U.S. IOS App Store. But, I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it. Voila, Precision mode.

Thanks for the advice.

I think Precision Mode is somewhat counter-intuitive as the lowest speed is potentially the hardest to fly.

We hardly ever get days when the wind speed drops below 5mph so flying at 3mph into - or even with - a 20mph wind requires a lot of work by the drone (and pilot) to hold course and speed. At times, my slow flying EVO seemed to be travelling backwards when trying to fly forwards.

So, on reflection, it wasn't too clever of me to try out PM at 3mph on a windy day.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials