Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precision Landing

Malli35998

Reaction score
Website
www.raptoraerialservices.com
I am new to Autel. Flying DJI drones (P3P, P4P, Inspire 2s, and M210) since 2015. I recently purchased an Evo II 6K Pro V2 drone. I have been flying test missions it for about a week. So far I am very impressed with the drone. I am finding lack of detailed documentation on specific features and rely on other sources to get answers. One of the features that I am impressed with is the “Precision Landing”. I am using a 3ft diameter HoodmanUSA launch pad. So far I have made 18 flights with the drone landing somewhere on the 3ft landing pad, generally pretty close to the center. My question is, does drone switch from GPS to the Downward Vision System to locate itself so accurately? Any info on how this process works would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: davery87
My question is, does drone switch from GPS to the Downward Vision System to locate itself so accurately?
During take off the drone saves several template images from downward camera(s) and then uses them to find right place for landing. All you need for this are:
- clean lenses of obstacle avoidance cameras;
- good lighting conditions;
- well textured surface (landing pad)
- calm (automatic) take off. I'm not sure the template images would be good quality if we give maximum thrust/pitch/yaw from the start :)

Reactions: AirStag
Je suis nouveau sur Autel. Drones DJI volants (P3P, P4P, Inspire 2s et M210) depuis 2015. J'ai récemment acheté un drone Evo II 6K Pro V2. J'ai effectué des missions d'essai pendant environ une semaine. Jusqu'à présent, je suis très impressionné par le drone. Je constate un manque de documentation détaillée sur des fonctionnalités spécifiques et je m'appuie sur d'autres sources pour obtenir des réponses. L'une des caractéristiques qui m'impressionne est le « Precision Landing ». J'utilise une rampe de lancement HoodmanUSA de 3 pieds de diamètre. Jusqu'à présent, j'ai effectué 18 vols avec le drone atterrissant quelque part sur la piste d'atterrissage de 3 pieds, généralement assez proche du centre. Ma question est la suivante : le drone passe-t-il du GPS au système de vision vers le bas pour se localiser avec une telle précision ? Toute information sur le fonctionnement de ce processus serait grandement appréciée. Merci d'avance.
Il enregistre l'image du décollage et compare avec pour son retour au sol.

Autel simply says, press the take-off button and give the Evo 15 seconds to recognize its landing point. She really doesn't even need 15 seconds.

I've had the best results by using the take-off button, allowing the drone to hover about 5 seconds, then increase altitude to about 6 ft. and let it hover another 5 seconds. Precise landings are the result.

I flew today, launched from an Autel branded 3 foot pad with the launch button (pad on snow, with drone case next to it, no obstacles near), let the drone hover for I’d guess at least 10 seconds, or more. Didn’t launch until after the drone had GPS. Had a good flight, but at the end pressing the Home button resulted in the drone wanting to land maybe 40 or 50 feet away. And that would have been on thin ice of a river. I was on an elevated bank, and the drone was descending to an altitude lower than I launched it from. I aborted the first landing, flew a bit, then tried again, and it went for the same spot. I manually got control of the drone and landed it on the pad. The last three flights last week, the drone landed right in the middle of the pad after both flights. Was there possibly user error today? Could I have somehow set a new “home” during flight? Kind of unnerving, if it did this in a situation where I had lost sight of it or hadn’t been paying great attention, or if “go home” was triggered automatically and home was way off— yikes. I’m glad it’s bright orange!

Reactions: Fox Fader

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials