Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pre planning an orbit mission ?

Catweazle

Reaction score
There's an 1830s lighthouse a mile off shore that i would like to orbit. If I have its GPS coordinates, is it possible to setup up the orbit mission before take off, or before leaving home base.?
i intend to research the lighthouse height and would set the circumference for 20-30 yards.

Also, A silly Q on another orbit matter. When I set the orbit target A, I should always reverse the EVO to my circumference point to keep the camera on the subject. Yes? I recently set up an orbit, hit the go button, looked up and found the EVO circling and showing its butt to my target.

Reactions: Nightbat2
There's an 1830s lighthouse a mile off shore that i would like to orbit. If I have its GPS coordinates, is it possible to setup up the orbit mission before take off, or before leaving home base.?
i intend to research the lighthouse height and would set the circumference for 20-30 yards.

Also, A silly Q on another orbit matter. When I set the orbit target A, I should always reverse the EVO to my circumference point to keep the camera on the subject. Yes? I recently set up an orbit, hit the go button, looked up and found the EVO circling and showing its butt to my target.
Whenever I try to set up an orbit, the app tells me that the aircraft has to be connected, so I don’t know If you could set it up and leave it to fly later, which is what I assume you are asking.

If you can prepare an orbit at a remote location outside the connection with the Evo.
See the Explorer instructions section: 7.1.2 Expert Mode
You prepare the orbit on the map at the desired location, Radius and altitude.
Once the mission is ready, you turn on the Evo, you take it off at the desired altitude, then once you have reached the altitude, you can launch the mission. The Evo will leave at the point of entering the mission and orbiting.
When finished, press pause for more than 3 seconds to stop the mission and you can return manually.
The Evo will not start the mission if it is on the ground. It will only do this when it is in the air and more than 10 m away. altitude (security required).
Have a good mission.

Cheers for that Claudius. Will have a few on land practices with your helping hand info before I send it out on the ocean.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58