Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

PPK question

DanielD

Reaction score
Hello there,
I got an Evo II Pro RTK v2 with latest firmware: Model-C_WiMax8020_FW_V2.3.8
running the Autel Explorer app v.1.1.8.8.1 in mission mode. *edit: standard controller

RTK fix is OK.

Reading through the forums, my understanding is when running missions, additionally to the pictures, there should be some extra files written to the SD-Card to enable a PPK workflow.
Unfortunately I'm only getting the JPG files, no rinex data written. Can you give me some pointers where to look, how to troubleshoot?

Unfortunately I'm only getting the JPG files, no rinex data written. Can you give me some pointers where to look, how to troubleshoot?
It's a bug with v.2.3.8 Autel knows about it and should be fixed in the next fw. If you need the files now, then you can drop back to the last fw which generates the files.

Then you would want Model-C_WiMax8020_FW_V2.2.5

I didn't know you could purchase the Evo2 v.2 Enterprise with a standard controller instead of a smart controller?
Thanks Dave. Like I wrote in the first post, I got the Pro version.

A big a$$ white V2 writing on the top of the UAS is a dead giveaway :)
But to stay on topic, firmware update was succesful, if it stops raining, I'll go out and fly today

Last edited:
No, I'm based in Europe and it came from Germany.
I went with this FW: Model-C_WiMax8020_FW_v2.3.13, I found this one to be more recent.
Purchased in Germany makes sense. Not available yet in the US, but soon I guess.
FW_v2.3.13 is still beta, so, glad it is working and fixed the missing files. Keep us posted as you are now one of the official guinea pigs !! (we all are)

RTK PPK question. Firmware 2.3.13 installed on Evo 2 Enterprise PRO V2 RTK and the RINEX.obs and MRK files are writing correctly in the Mission folder however the OBS file does not contain the GPS constellation. It does have Galileo, Beidou, and GLONASS constellations. I am in the US. Anyone else confirm that the firmware is writing the GPS info correctly? I'm wondering if the RTK antenna I have is not picking up the GPS signals. I attached the RINEX.obs and MRK screen shots of the first part of the files, the upload did not like the file format, if anyone is interested. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 8.43.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 8.43.33 PM.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 8.43.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 8.43.08 PM.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 15
I can only say that my Evo2 v.2 Ent. RTK is seeing all constellations. But I am 2 fw versions back so I can't help with determining whether it is the hardware or software. Hopefully someone on 2.3.13 will chime in.

Was it working before the firmware update or is that what it came with?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials