Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Powervision PowerEgg X

Pman

Reaction score
Noticed they are supposed to release it for sale tomorrow 1/07 starting at $899. Sounds interesting but it better be WAY better than the original Poweregg. Tried to like it for a few hundred bucks but with nothing but trouble after 3 tries I gave up sending everything back to Amazon.

Noticed they are supposed to release it for sale tomorrow 1/07 starting at $899. Sounds interesting but it better be WAY better than the original Poweregg. Tried to like it for a few hundred bucks but with nothing but trouble after 3 tries I gave up sending everything back to Amazon.
I would save those $900 and wait until summer, where most new drones of the year had been anounced. This way you will make an educated purchase.

I'm not planning on anything new for awhile. I technically dont need more than my EVO and I've plenty of other "fun" drones I can mess with. I happened to come across the X by accident and havent heard a thing about it watching Youtube reviewers inputs on upcoming CES 2020.
It's weird that something like the X offering wet weather usage isnt getting any press especially if it's actually going to be in stores tomorrow. Guess we will see if it's for real in a few hours.

And when I mentioned 3 tries I meant the first ones gimbal couldnt be adjusted for horizon tilt, the replacement came used and the third just kept having disconnect issues. They all had issues with the app crashing regardless of which phone or tablet used.

Last edited:
And when I mentioned 3 tries I meant the first ones gimbal couldnt be adjusted for horizon tilt, the replacement came used and the third just kept having disconnect issues. They all had issues with the app crashing regardless of which phone or tablet used.

Sounds like quality control is not in their terms... I will stay far away if I was you.

It's all about the tech. Havent seen any consumer drone fly in heavy rain. If they can do it others can.

All you have to do is water proof them. People have been doing it for some time now. There are ones that go under water. Not much new on that seen.

Reactions: macoman
Yes but that's a modded unit with no backing from the manufacturer. How great it would be to fly the Evo or any other drone in its category in rain/snow with warranty.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
It's all about the tech. Havent seen any consumer drone fly in heavy rain. If they can do it others can.
If their quality control is bad, I don't care how much tech they can install in it... I rather stay away from it. I doubt that their customer service is going to respond like Autel.

Just like the Egg X it requires lots of extra expense to get the most out of it which is a bummer. Not seeing the general drone community lauding how great it is.
I'm in a waiting game and not interested in jumping in on any brand new product. I will admit being tempted by the Skydio 2 and put my $100 up for third batch but unless there is a major change in manual control I'm not interested.
What I am interested in is marketplace competition and new innovations. The Egg X requires a water resistant shell around the main body to fly in the rain and pontoon type extensions to land in water. I havent seen any videos yet from its camera with or without the shell. There is someone on youtube showing the unboxing, flight time, water landing and the like but as far as I can tell no actual drone footage.
My experience with the original PowerEgg was intended as a warning that even at $368 the "cool" factor couldnt make up for its issues. I talked to their customer support over and over again and one tech after the next couldnt fix the issues. I'll give them major props however for always picking up the phone when I called.
Anyways there's a reason why these companies dont have a forum here. They tend to be niche products that usually don't measure up to a reasonable standard we have come to expect. I dont want any company to fail and I DON'T want one company to "rule them all".
I'm sure glad CES is here! Hopefully we can get some actual "facts" (notice the " ") to quell some of the rumor mill.
Speaking of CES, do any bloggers stream live? I dont know if it's not allowed or what the deal is.

Reactions: macoman
I had no use for it other than a fun piece, purchased a New PowerEgg at $300 about 2 years ago. It‘s not a replacement of anything, but it is a fun fly and the kids in the neighborhood love to watch it... the Egg Extending Landing Gear has a cool factor too. It flew unstable and gimbal had a tilt problem until 2 firmware updates were applied... overall pretty good now. Flies heavy, slow to respond (lot of mass & weight) but stable and the gimbal & Camera work as expected.

Getting it all connected is a bit ole’ school and it at times requires patience... cycling off, redoing... but once connected, it flies & stays connected.

It’s basically a flying conversational piece... that can produce good video & photos. But it’s not a fast setup and certainly not a field choice... just fun.

I did manage to damage it 30 seconds out of the box when new... had one arm up and slipped from hand and dropped... cracked arm. That did consume about 6-8 weeks in total with communications & service time. Their Service does need to be a little more attentive & prompt. Later ordered a extra props and a few outer white skins... and that was a frustrating event and 10 weeks to receive.

It’s still a fun Egg just to fly... but it can be fussy getting it all to connect.

There is a DroneU & DroneDJ CES video that’s discusses the new EggX and shows it flying very stable passing back & forth through a waterfall at CES. They seem to both be impressed with it via their comments.

I had also purchased 2 CCW and 2 CW blades which is a complete set as I expected to keep it. In original packaging never touched and I've no use for them now as I dont think they will fit on anything else I have. Would be nice to get something out of them rather than just giving them away....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials