Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Possible purchase

Reaction score
Hey folks, new member here. I’m considering purchasing the evo2 Pro and currently doing my DD. After reading mounds of data and reviews I love this drone but I’m terrified of the software issues. My current drone inventory consists of three typhoon h pluses, and a mavic 2 zoom and pro. I’m primarily looking for something bigger than the m2p and smaller than the typhoon, something that feels heavier/beefier and flys with precision, this seems to fit that criteria. along with the obvious superiority of the pro camera (at least from virtually every review in comparison videos).

As for reviewers and issues:

obviously on these forums people don’t usually post about how great their drone is and a good percent of the posts/comments are going to be “I have an issue” thread, but is the evo2pro really as bad (problem-wise) as the reviews and comments make it appear or do these reviewers and issues just appear to be overwhelmingly negative based on the nature of a message board, and folks looking for guidance? The typhoon H plus sort of appears the same way, with regard to the negative reviewers and comments due to issues, but owning mine I’ve never had issues, although it does have its idiosyncratic aspects and some gremlins. My M2’s have been problem free 100% of the time.

I guess what I’m asking is; are the issues few and far between, and just appear to be numerous, or is there some real inherent issues that autel just hasn’t worked out yet with the software on the E2Pro? $1700 is a lot of money to throw down and right now I’m totally on the fence. I reads few good reviews and I start getting excited but then a handful more come up afterwards and it frightens me. Just like to hear some of the Evo owners’ perspective and what their experience has been.

Thanks in advance

Post edit:

I’d also be purchasing 2nd hand and not brand new, which creates more of an issue if something were to go wrong with the drone. I’m ideally looking for a package with a few batteries under/around $1700-$1500 or so as opposed to buying new and getting standard items and 1 battery. One drone is in the air returning it is virtually impossible.

You are certainly correct that an inherently you do see a lot more of the negative, issues, problems, help needed type threads on forums, groups, boards, etc. Overall the EVO II has been a very stable platform but as with all platforms, it's had some issues, bugs, etc.

My advice is to ask the forum here for feedback on any particular areas that are concerning to you that you have maybe seen mentioned a lot in your feedback and you can get some current feedback from the user base.

Best of luck in your research.

Reactions: Mavikhan
You are certainly correct that an inherently you do see a lot more of the negative, issues, problems, help needed type threads on forums, groups, boards, etc. Overall the EVO II has been a very stable platform but as with all platforms, it's had some issues, bugs, etc.

My advice is to ask the forum here for feedback on any particular areas that are concerning to you that you have maybe seen mentioned a lot in your feedback and you can get some current feedback from the user base.

Best of luck in your research.
Thank you for the reply. A couple areas in concerned about:

Drift: I watched a YouTube video where the craft was shown drifting to the left of course a couple times, and his shot has to be taken ac few times. This is an issue I’ve also had who it one of my typhoons, where the camera/drone would all the sudden jerk left out right real quick, ultimately killing the **** (video). Piggybacking on that, I’m reading about a drift issue which was fixed via update, but apparently the updates are causing other issues. That said, I don’t know how often or what percent software/firmware updates are really happening or if it’s just, again, only reporting issues on the forum. Most YouTube video reviews state this is a great drone but you come on the forum and it’s one issue after another.

-About what percent of you are having update issues.

-About what percent are having or have had drift issues

-About what percent have received their drone and it’s been solid from day one we the no issue whatsoever. My yuneecs have been rock solid, never deer an issue other than an occasional gremlin where a simple on/off power up/down clears it out. I haven’t had the Mavs long enough to say but I’ve had my typhoons for a few years and those are drones you have to fly, which Is why I’m leaning towards the Evo. You apparently have to fly this, which I like, but it comes without the added size of the typhoon and it’s easier to travel with. They do seem like similar crafts however and I enjoy flying the h plus, it’s rock solid and Bullet proof.

Hey folks, new member here. I’m considering purchasing the evo2 Pro and currently doing my DD. After reading mounds of data and reviews I love this drone but I’m terrified of the software issues. My current drone inventory consists of three typhoon h pluses, and a mavic 2 zoom and pro. I’m primarily looking for something bigger than the m2p and smaller than the typhoon, something that feels heavier/beefier and flys with precision, this seems to fit that criteria. along with the obvious superiority of the pro camera (at least from virtually every review in comparison videos).

As for reviewers and issues:

obviously on these forums people don’t usually post about how great their drone is and a good percent of the posts/comments are going to be “I have an issue” thread, but is the evo2pro really as bad (problem-wise) as the reviews and comments make it appear or do these reviewers and issues just appear to be overwhelmingly negative based on the nature of a message board, and folks looking for guidance? The typhoon H plus sort of appears the same way, with regard to the negative reviewers and comments due to issues, but owning mine I’ve never had issues, although it does have its idiosyncratic aspects and some gremlins. My M2’s have been problem free 100% of the time.

I guess what I’m asking is; are the issues few and far between, and just appear to be numerous, or is there some real inherent issues that autel just hasn’t worked out yet with the software on the E2Pro? $1700 is a lot of money to throw down and right now I’m totally on the fence. I reads few good reviews and I start getting excited but then a handful more come up afterwards and it frightens me. Just like to hear some of the Evo owners’ perspective and what their experience has been.

Thanks in advance
Give the repair back-up service a thorough going over prior to any purchase. Ive been a happy Evo flyer for 3 years and now I need an out or warranty repair done and Autel are nowhere to be found. They will not answer emails, social media or web based message service. Until they respond, I will never purchase another Autel product again and im making sure I let everyone know about too. GGGGggrrrrrrrrr.!!!!

Give the repair back-up service a thorough going over prior to any purchase. Ive been a happy Evo flyer for 3 years and now I need an out or warranty repair done and Autel are nowhere to be found. They will not answer emails, social media or web based message service. Until they respond, I will never purchase another Autel product again and im making sure I let everyone know about too. GGGGggrrrrrrrrr.!!!!
Thank you. I appreciate all the feedback

Reactions: Props McGavin
“One of the good ones”. Lol, not too reassuring
unfortunately that seems to be my take away from reading all the issues. or maybe it's the person and some of us can't really see all the relevant issues. a crooked horizon is easy to spot if you know what you are looking for but if it's subtle, the ordinary recreational flyer may not even notice. maybe you buy from a retailer where you can easily return it if you are not happy.

unfortunately that seems to be my take away from reading all the issues. or maybe it's the person and some of us can't really see all the relevant issues. a crooked horizon is easy to spot if you know what you are looking for but if it's subtle, the ordinary recreational flyer may not even notice. maybe you buy from a retailer where you can easily return it if you are not happy.
I’m thinking that’s probably my best bet. A little more than I’d like to pay but probably the smartest move with regard to peace of mind. I appreciate your reply

all I can say is if you get a good e2p, one of the good ones, you'll be most happy for sure.
Couldn’t say it better myself! Unfortunately, mine has been riddled with issues. I wouldn’t buy it again and I keep hoping the next firmware will solve the nuances. Maybe you’ll get a good one, maybe you won’t. I have had the yawing, drifting, body cracks, crooked gimbal, etc., you name it. The past firmware fixed the auto yawing and drift to an extent. The horizon has always been an issue with Autel more so than any other brand I have had, but this most recent firmware introduced a horrible crooked horizon even with a basic lazy yaw and it doesn’t return to level once off the sticks. I had an EVO I and besides a slightly uneven horizon time time to time that could be corrected in the settings, it never gave me the fits my EVO II has given me. I regret getting rid of it. Maybe the next firmware will fix it, maybe it won’t, or maybe it will do neither and introduce some other issue? I’m just sharing my experiences so you can make an educated decision. Good luck bud!

Last edited:
Reactions: NakedDaytrader
Retailers cant do anything with regards to warranty or repairs if Autel have gone to ground. I purchased my Evo directly from Autel in Australia as I like that direct and immediate contact, no middle-man (sorry, its 2021, no "middle-person or entity that chooses to identify as whatever they feel like at the time".

The horizon issues were also prevalent in the first Evo but resolved with firmware upgrades.

Couldn’t say it better myself! Unfortunately, mine has been riddled with issues. I wouldn’t buy it again and I keep hoping the next firmware will solve the nuances. Maybe you’ll get a good one, maybe you won’t. I have had the yawing, drifting, body cracks, crooked gimbal, etc., you name it. The past firmware fixed the auto yawing and drift to an extent. The horizon has always been an issue with Autel more so than any other brand I have had, but this most recent firmware introduced a horrible crooked horizon even with a basic lazy yaw and it doesn’t return to level once off the sticks. I had an EVO I and besides a slightly uneven horizon time time to time that could be corrected in the settings, it never gave me the fits my EVO II has given me. I regret getting rid of it. Maybe the next firmware will fix it, maybe it won’t, or maybe it will do neither and introduce some other issue? I’m just sharing my experiences so you can make an educated decision. Good luck bud!
The complete lack of any response from Autel with regards to my Evo 1 thats needs repair is why I will never buy another Autel again. I judge the quality and value of any business by how they respond when things go wrong, when customers are not happy. How a business responds to issues and complaints is where the value of any truly successful business lies and so far Autel as a business are worth ZERO.!!!

Thank you for the reply. A couple areas in concerned about:

Drift: I watched a YouTube video where the craft was shown drifting to the left of course a couple times, and his shot has to be taken ac few times. This is an issue I’ve also had who it one of my typhoons, where the camera/drone would all the sudden jerk left out right real quick, ultimately killing the **** (video). Piggybacking on that, I’m reading about a drift issue which was fixed via update, but apparently the updates are causing other issues. That said, I don’t know how often or what percent software/firmware updates are really happening or if it’s just, again, only reporting issues on the forum. Most YouTube video reviews state this is a great drone but you come on the forum and it’s one issue after another.

-About what percent of you are having update issues.

-About what percent are having or have had drift issues

-About what percent have received their drone and it’s been solid from day one we the no issue whatsoever. My yuneecs have been rock solid, never deer an issue other than an occasional gremlin where a simple on/off power up/down clears it out. I haven’t had the Mavs long enough to say but I’ve had my typhoons for a few years and those are drones you have to fly, which Is why I’m leaning towards the Evo. You apparently have to fly this, which I like, but it comes without the added size of the typhoon and it’s easier to travel with. They do seem like similar crafts however and I enjoy flying the h plus, it’s rock solid and Bullet proof.

The Evo 2 Pro is a fantastic drone! I bought mine in July of 2020 and have had no major issues with it. The drone just came out this year, so I would expect many firmware updates as things progress. Autel has fantastic customer service! They've always been quick to respond to the couple of issues that I had that were fixed by updates. It is Rock solid in high winds and although out of the box it is not that smooth, you can dial in the settings and find your sweet spot. I have never owned a DJI, so I cannot compare. I have flown a phantom 4 Pro and I much prefer the E2P. If I had to decide all over again I would definitely go with the E2P. To me, it's worth every penny! The few concerns I have can be addressed with software updates. IE controlling the camera settings for AEB and other smart flight modes. For me it is future proof with the interchangeable optics packages. One thing I would advise is purchasing from an authorized dealer and not a third party seller. There are a few authorized dealers here in the forms that would be happy to help you! If you do decide to purchase the E2, you won't be sorry! All the best to you!

Reactions: Rubik3x
The Evo 2 Pro is a fantastic drone! I bought mine in July of 2020 and have had no major issues with it. The drone just came out this year, so I would expect many firmware updates as things progress. Autel has fantastic customer service! They've always been quick to respond to the couple of issues that I had that were fixed by updates. It is Rock solid in high winds and although out of the box it is not that smooth, you can dial in the settings and find your sweet spot. I have never owned a DJI, so I cannot compare. I have flown a phantom 4 Pro and I much prefer the E2P. If I had to decide all over again I would definitely go with the E2P. To me, it's worth every penny! The few concerns I have can be addressed with software updates. IE controlling the camera settings for AEB and other smart flight modes. For me it is future proof with the interchangeable optics packages. One thing I would advise is purchasing from an authorized dealer and not a third party seller. There are a few authorized dealers here in the forms that would be happy to help you! If you do decide to purchase the E2, you won't be sorry! All the best to you!
Thank you for the feedback, very helpful

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I've been lurking here for a while and just joined. I too am feeling all the same concerns as you.

I've been lurking here for a while and just joined. I too am feeling all the same concerns as you.
Lol. I have my finger on the trigger but just can’t do it yet. I’ve never been on the fence with a purchase as I am with this.

That said, I did narrow down my possible purchase to a direct sale from Autel instead of 2nd hand though, so at least I checked that off my list. I’d rather have that assurance even though I could buy on eBay for a few hundred cheaper

Reactions: TheGoldBug

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials