Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Possible issue with tracking

Chad80

Reaction score
I just got my E2P 2 days ago. I unboxed everything and charged up the battery and control. Got it all setup today and went out for my first flight, prior to flying I did calibrate the gimbal and IMU. Everything seems fine but when I tried Dynamic Track it did lock on to me and follow but it was moving all around even if I stood still, seemed like it couldn't decide on where to be.

I had done the recent update yesterday but when I turned it on it said there was an update again so I reinstalled it and did a restart. The notification did not pop up again.

Is this normal? I know it moves around to avoid obstacles but nothing was around it.

I had posted this in the other forum but thought it would be better here hopefully.

Thanks,
Chad

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my previous issue but I was flying my E2P today and went about 1800ft away at an altitude of 135ft. At around 1500ft I was getting the message video signal weak, please adjust antennas. I did make adjustments but the video cut out and I started to bring it back and around 1500ft the video came back online. It was over a school field when this happened and I'm not aware of anything that would disrupt it over there.

I have flown both my DJI drones in the same area. I take off from the parking lot of my apt building and I have not had any issues with either of them when it came to signal.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chad

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my previous issue but I was flying my E2P today and went about 1800ft away at an altitude of 135ft. At around 1500ft I was getting the message video signal weak, please adjust antennas. I did make adjustments but the video cut out and I started to bring it back and around 1500ft the video came back online. It was over a school field when this happened and I'm not aware of anything that would disrupt it over there.

I have flown both my DJI drones in the same area. I take off from the parking lot of my apt building and I have not had any issues with either of them when it came to signal.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chad

I can't help you with the Dynamic Track issue. I never use any of the automated modes, but I can tell you that I ran into the same thing when it comes to the EVO II's range in areas where there is interference. My experience so far is that the EVO II 6K has worse range than my DJI P4 or Mavic when there is interference. The good news is that when there truly is no interference the range of the EVO II is only limited by battery life (so approximately 5 miles). You mentioned that you adjusted the antennas, did you point them down towards the ground? The EVO needs the antennas pointed down to get maximum range, which is the opposite of the DJI drones.

You can read more about my write up on my comparison of the EVO II 6K to the many DJI drones that I've flown via the link below:

After doing the newest update and recalibrating everything it now works good.
Thats great to hear, I have gotten some of those messages particular when flying the E2P on missions/patterns where part of the flight might be more direct overhead, part may be more far away and horizontal. When aircraft (E2P) is more direct overhead, warning message solved by having one of the antenna flatter (horizontal to ground), other at upward angle. As aircraft moves further away, tilt both antenna upward. Have also found that as range increases, tilt the whole controller up and towards you giving the antenna more angle can address those warning messages. Oh, and something else to consider and that is what if any pine trees (or trees with needles) are in the area, or line of sight between you and the aircraft.

I have the 4Hawks for that exact reason. They solved all issues for me. During my testing, I have flown 3 miles in a high noise environment. I DO NOT normally fly past VLS and do not suggest doing so. Again, it was for testing. Worth every penny! Highly recommend.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d