Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Police handcuff, detain and ticket Part 107 Pilot under aircraft ordinance that does not apply

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Goes to show you. Police don't need to know the laws in order to arrest you and confiscate your belongings.

Did you guys watch the video where the cop was wolfing down the hamburger while the guy was being arrested? Pretty dam funny, reminded me of the cop and donuts pictures we see. :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
This guy deserved what he got. I would have left and challenge the park administration through the legal system.

Reactions: macoman
I have a background rooted in law enforcement. The culture soured and I left never looking back.

Mental illness is very much prevalent in our society -- but treated like a taboo -- which is sad. There is no real mechanisms in place in our police departments to continually evaluate mental health of their employees.

A high percentage of officers are ex-service members with many suffering from PTSD and other documented forms of mental illnesses.
A portion of officers are people who ARE bullies throughout their lives -- they can not treat people correct ever.
Another portion of officers are people who have been "pushed around" all of their lives -- harassed, bullied, etc.,-- looking for a power trip.

Stir this hot mental mess all together, add in a few young/dumb rookies into the ranks -- and you can not tell a good cop from a bad cop anymore -- and so many have a negative disposition that they are in the business of teaching people "lessons" -- which is not their job to do.

As this example shows: here are a few cops who seem to believe that they have unlimited power to investigate crimes. Additionally they believe they have unlimited power of search and seizure. Many cops have almost no knowledge of law and make some really off the wall decisions. Also, the officer eating that burger without too much regard to what was going on around him -- is a real life example of what a psychopath looks like in action. ? LoL I am still shocked this episode/display was actually caught on tape. ??? LoL This is better that "body cam" footage. LoL ???

Plain and simple - the officers and the town are incorrect here. The gentleman getting caught up in all of this has had several of their civil rights disregarded.

There should be no question and I am dumbfounded that this seems to still be an ongoing problem for several months now. This is a fine example of corruption at multiple levels -- as everyone is playing along. o_O? I just hope the lawyer is not in on the scheme also.

Very complicated stuff, it is obvious that the police is wrong in this case and seems to me that there are grounds to sue the commission for the new law, as it is in defiance of state law and if I'm not mistaken federal law, I just don't know if private citizens can do it or if it has to be brought on by the state. One way or another the "victim" even though within his rights would have been better served by keeping his mouth shut and making his case with summons in hand with his superstar lawyer by his side, instead of forcing the egos to get into defensive (or offensive) mode. This kind of ignorance or lack of knowledge of the law is what causes the ignorants to shoot and/or get shot.

Like Ansia said, he should of just kept his mouth shut and left. There is no point in standing around arguing with a bunch of police officers when you could be sitting down having a nice lunch somewhere. Also, why would you want some strangers manhandling your drone for a whole month? Just so you can be the Rosa Parks of drones? He could have taken his coral up with the park administrator later on, and he would of avoided the expense of hiring an attorney as well.

Last edited:
Agree with you guys. I would have done just that, keep my mouth shut and complianced with the officers and just avoid the park and find another better to fly or go to a remote place that doesn't have people around. It's just a freaking hobby, not a job that you are losing.

Reactions: xspwhite
right now, that's a 50/50 chance ...

at the moment he's closer to being the Amelia Earhart of drones... lol, Especially if he keeps messing with officers who are that far out of line.

?
He's going to dissapear, never to be seen again?

Reactions: CyFly
He's going to dissapear, never to be seen again?

I was joking in that regard - but yes - you seen how quick the officer cuffed him? That could have easily been a gun drawn and drone pilot dead.

All he could have been doing is reaching/pulling something out of his pocket, trying to further explain the law and the officers could have took this to a whole other level... happens more often in recent years than people realize.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials