Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

PLAYING WITH MOVERIOS

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Given my dissatisfaction with the brightness in full sunlight of any smartphone or tablet I’ve yet seen, I rented a demo pair of Epson Moverios to test. They arrived mid-morning with the Autel app already sideloaded by a Sydney dealer called Camzilla. Unfortunately with high winds as well as smoke and ash from the bushfires, I couldn’t fly today. But they do recognise the Autel app and everything seems to work fine in ‘static’ mode—by that I mean on the dining room table without the motors running. I did wear them in the backyard and.could see the app clearly. The included sun shade lens makes it even easier.

Weather permitting, I’m going flying tomorrow to see just how good they are with the Evo.

The concept is great but the controller, actually a mini Android computer that fits sideways into the Evo’s phone bracket, takes some getting used to. Once you get your head around the idea of using a trackpad moving around in the app seems fine. Remains to be seen how it plays out making changes ‘on the fly’ so to speak.

No maps as yet because I haven’t had time to figure out how to download them. Will check that out tomorrow.

Just out of interest who did you rent them from ? I would be interested in renting out too but I’m based in Melbourne

Reactions: Nightbat2
Just out of interest who did you rent them from ? I would be interested in renting out too but I’m based in Melbourne
Camzilla in Sydney. Talk to Justin. This is probably one of the best places in Australia for customer service.

Given my dissatisfaction with the brightness in full sunlight of any smartphone or tablet I’ve yet seen, I rented a demo pair of Epson Moverios to test. They arrived mid-morning with the Autel app already sideloaded by a Sydney dealer called Camzilla. Unfortunately with high winds as well as smoke and ash from the bushfires, I couldn’t fly today. But they do recognise the Autel app and everything seems to work fine in ‘static’ mode—by that I mean on the dining room table without the motors running. I did wear them in the backyard and.could see the app clearly. The included sun shade lens makes it even easier.

Weather permitting, I’m going flying tomorrow to see just how good they are with the Evo.

The concept is great but the controller, actually a mini Android computer that fits sideways into the Evo’s phone bracket, takes some getting used to. Once you get your head around the idea of using a trackpad moving around in the app seems fine. Remains to be seen how it plays out making changes ‘on the fly’ so to speak.

No maps as yet because I haven’t had time to figure out how to download them. Will check that out tomorrow.
DAY 2— Ready for a limited test despite some threatening cloud on the coast and a gusty local wind. What the heck. I could see clearly what the drone was seeing, but the Evo failed to record—or if it did, the card wouldn’t let me retrieve it. Pawing through the Evo and Epson manuals now. So far no clues. Will dash down for a new card in the morning.

Thanks the the info , I will make contact Justin once I have my evo back in the air ( waiting on new motor to come from USA ) Have you ever used normal fpv box googles (meant to give a more immersion feel) if so how Do to they compare? Which do you prefer ? Wondering if the Epson Moverio is worth the extra $$

Thanks the the info , I will make contact Justin once I have my evo back in the air ( waiting on new motor to come from USA ) Have you ever used normal fpv box googles (meant to give a more immersion feel) if so how Do to they compare? Which do you prefer ? Wondering if the Epson Moverio is worth the extra $$
FPV box goggles are illegal to use with a drone outdoors in Australia unless you have an observer. The Moverios are legal because they do not impede your vision. And no observer required.

Haven’t had a chance yet to try them with gimbal in FPV mode.

Last edited:
FPV box goggles are illegal to use with a drone outdoors in Australia unless you have an observer. The Moverios are legal because they do not impede your vision. And no observer required.

Haven’t had a chance yet to try them with gimbal in FPV mode.
I gave you a recommendation im your other thread, but didn't take into consideration the glasses. Try to fly your Evo normally (no Moveros) and take photos/videos and see if that may be the cause for your sd card error.

I gave you a recommendation im your other thread, but didn't take into consideration the glasses. Try to fly your Evo normally (no Moveros) and take photos/videos and see if that may be the cause for your sd card error.
Tried to video after reformat/reset using just the RC. Same result. Will try new card first. Tks.

Tried to video after reformat/reset using just the RC. Same result. Will try new card first. Tks.
It was the card. Unfortunately, with a big job on over the weekend, I had no more time for testing new kit. Will try again after Christmas because they really are interesting.

I tried the. briefly at the DJI store here in Miami, I was not confortable with the "dual image" confusing at times, yes you can see the app for the bird unless it's within ershot is not visible and I was flying an inspire, can't imagine what the EVO would be like, I loose it straight up at 400 feet LOL. I just think the point being that you have los with the bird is bs in the long run, basically defeats the purpose.

I tried the. briefly at the DJI store here in Miami, I was not confortable with the "dual image" confusing at times, yes you can see the app for the bird unless it's within ershot is not visible and I was flying an inspire, can't imagine what the EVO would be like, I loose it straight up at 400 feet LOL. I just think the point being that you have los with the bird is bs in the long run, basically defeats the purpose.
Funny thing is, you can't see your bird 400' straight up, but you can see it 1,000' in the distance.

the light plays tricks, however with the moverios 100' in the distance is a no go

Reactions: Ansia
the light plays tricks, however with the moverios 100' in the distance is a no go
I have never seen the Moveros. Can you give me a detailed explanation on how does it feel? What do you see and how defined is what you see, etc?

I had no trouble with the image—it’s great. But I needed more practice than I had time for with the touchpad. When the video didn’t record, even though the recording ‘light’ was on, I wondered whether I had pressed something I shouldn’t have or whether the Moverios weren’t quite compatible. By the time I got a new card, there was no time to test again. So I have agreed with the retailer that when I’m down his way in mid-January we can do a fulsome test there. But the glasses really do help, as long as you use the supplied sunshade in bright sun. Also, you really should attach a lanyard to the RC. I have a tendency to put it down in the hatchback area of the car when I have landed, and walking away to pick up the drone. Not a good idea if you forget to take off the glasses!

Funny thing is, you can't see your bird 400' straight up, but you can see it 1,000' in the distance.
I can’t see 30metres straight up because my neck won’t go that far back. So I adapt my flying accordingly. Distance isn’t an issue, but then I never go more than five or six hundred metres away. After that, I find it hard to see if I take my eyes off it to check the map. And here lies the real beauty of the Moverios—you are seeing both the real, physical scene with a semi-transparent overlay ( you can vary the intensity) that includes what the drone is seeing,and you can read all the important stuff without taking your eyes off the scene. Think of it as a heads-up display with video included.

No such store exist where I live.
Well, if I head down to Sydney in January and can do a full evaluation, you might decide to buy a pair. They work with most DJI drones out of the box. In fact I believe the Drone FPV edition has the DJI apps installed.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson