Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

photogrammétrie

jmt57

Reaction score
hello my question an autel evo 2 in 8k or 6k for quality photogrammetry,, I read a lot of points of divergence on other forum, so I know make choices 6k or 8k expert opinion thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done a lot of mapping this summer with the EVO 2 Pro (1" sensor) and have got very good results. Images are sharp corner to corner at f/2.8. The only grips I have are that you cannot capture images in raw when mapping (I think this is because recording raw is PATHETICALLY slow. I hope they fix this) and the Mission software planning app is spitting out incorrect pixel resolution, which makes overlap calculations wrong. I use Ardu Mission Planner to plan my missions and then try and duplicate the number of rows intereactivley in Autel's mission app (resolution is off by around 1.5x). But these problems aside I really like the EVO 2 Pro for mapping. It is very convenient and handles battery switches mid mission seamlessly. I'd stay away from that 8K sensor for mapping. It is to small and I'm guessing that there will be a lot more lens distortions than with the 1" sensor lens.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller