Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Part 107

Island Dog

Reaction score
Just passed my FAA Part 107, to commercially fly UAVs. Studied pretty extensively for 2 months, and during that time said to myself more than once, "why do I need to know all of this information" When I went to take the test, I thought this will be a 15 minute breeze.....60 questions took me an hour and ten minutes....there were two questions, that I never heard of before and a few others that you really had to analyze the multiple answers. The test was harder than I thought, but now that I've been through the process.....it all makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't want to be on the road driving, in the woods hunting, on the water boating or in the air flying, with others that have no understanding of safe procedures and "common sense". The test cost me $165.
Thank you in advance to Autel for the $150. gift card for passing the test!! Fly safe folks!

Just passed my FAA Part 107, to commercially fly UAVs. Studied pretty extensively for 2 months, and during that time said to myself more than once, "why do I need to know all of this information" When I went to take the test, I thought this will be a 15 minute breeze.....60 questions took me an hour and ten minutes....there were two questions, that I never heard of before and a few others that you really had to analyze the multiple answers. The test was harder than I thought, but now that I've been through the process.....it all makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't want to be on the road driving, in the woods hunting, on the water boating or in the air flying, with others that have no understanding of safe procedures and "common sense". The test cost me $165.
Thank you in advance to Autel for the $150. gift card for passing the test!! Fly safe folks!

Congratulations! Now you can keep the drone at twelve o'clock and the FAA at your six!

Why was the test $165? I thought it was $150 regardless of where you took it.
well thats a good question...because I thought the same....but when I went for the test, they charged me $165.00 in Chesapeake Virginia

I gave myself a year to study the Gold Seal course and was ready in a leisurely six months. It took me about the same amount of time it took you to take the test, and took many practice quizzes beforehand. I also found some of it much different from what I had studied. For instance, I had a question comparing knot speed to mph. and had not ever thought about it, so that was one of those I missed. Still, I was very happy with my results, and I agree without studying it probably would have been a disaster. For fun, my wife took the online practice final quiz and got a 54, without studying at all, and I was amazed at how many she guessed right.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials