Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pairing Autel Smart Controller

bufphoto41

Reaction score
I see that I am not the only one who has had trouble paring (binding) the Smart Controller V2 to my EVO Pro II 6K. Been seeing reviews on the B&H site and elsewhere. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did your resolve it?

i only see one review at b&h and it's prob because he's trying to use v1 with v2. i suspect the vast majority of the complaints are mismatch because there are sellers (not b&h) who are selling v1 units disguised as v2. if i purchased a v2 listing and didn't know what to look for and couldn't connect to my v2 drone, i would complain as well. well, actually i would return it. just to confirm, you see v2 labels on all your equipment, correct?

there are dishonest sellers who cannot get rid of $1000 v1 equipment (blaming it on autel), mark it as v2 and let autel deal with it. however, i saw one reviewer who said his unit powered up in chinese and so he returned it. it's 2022 and we have the internet....but he returned it. i guess he wanted the "american" version.

also, you don't have anything else connected to your drone like the livedeck, do you?

i only see one review at b&h and it's prob because he's trying to use v1 with v2. i suspect the vast majority of the complaints are mismatch because there are sellers (not b&h) who are selling v1 units disguised as v2. if i purchased a v2 listing and didn't know what to look for and couldn't connect to my v2 drone, i would complain as well. well, actually i would return it. just to confirm, you see v2 labels on all your equipment, correct?

there are dishonest sellers who cannot get rid of $1000 v1 equipment (blaming it on autel), mark it as v2 and let autel deal with it. however, i saw one reviewer who said his unit powered up in chinese and so he returned it. it's 2022 and we have the internet....but he returned it. i guess he wanted the "american" version.

also, you don't have anything else connected to your drone like the livedeck, do you?

Reactions: edgardcafe
I see that I am not the only one who has had trouble paring (binding) the Smart Controller V2 to my EVO Pro II 6K. Been seeing reviews on the B&H site and elsewhere. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did your resolve it?
Typically the problem is that you have to install the firmware that is specified for the smart controller. You can already have the latest firmware for the standard controller installed, but you need to install the same firmware but for the smart controller. Those of us with both smart and standard controllers have to install both versions of any new firmware.

Reactions: edgardcafe
V1 compatible with V2 smart controller???

I see Drone City says you can use the smart controller V2 with the EVO 2 Pro version 1.

Is this true? I have included a few pics below from their site.

Attachments

• IMG_6340.JPG
    IMG_6340.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6341.JPG
    IMG_6341.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
V1 SC will only work with V1 Drone.
V2 SC will only work with V2 Drone.

B&H Photo just told me it would work and guess what it doesn't, so they are mis leading people to.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller