Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Opportunities lost

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, the EVO ll is an excellent air-frame. The advantage of this drone was the ability to easily change out different cameras to satisfy a particular need. However Autel failed to satisfy that need. It would have been nice to have different camera options for wide field or narrow field imaging. Either a selection of different cameras, or different lens sets was missed. The Autel EVO easy to change out cameras selection never materialized. IMO Autel missed a great opportunity to differentiate themselves from the rest of the other drone manufacturers.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
clearly they missed this and dropped the ball. maybe cost and covid (development, demand, parts, etc) had much to do with it. but dji has chosen a different strategy, two cameras into one. how's that working? maybe there is something to it, we don't know yet.

It would have been great if they had made it like a mini-Inspire 2 with lots of different cameras... or at least more than three... or, effectively, two, if you get the Evo 2 Pro. It's like:
"Hi, welcome to your Evo II pro where you can choose cameras!" says Alejandro from Autel with a big grin.
"Really? Which ones?" the customer asks.
"Well," Alejandro continues, "we have one that's not as good as the one that came on your Evo II Pro."
"Huh? Not as good? Why would I want that?" the customer asks, his face showing puzzlement.
"I don't know!" Alejandro says, his incandescent smile warming the customer's heart. "Oh!" He continues, "And we also have this neat thermal camera that costs about $10,000!"
"$10,000!? What other options are there?" the customer asks.
Alejandro beams, "None! No others."
"So there is one worse than mine and one that I can probably never afford and, if I could afford it, I would be getting an Inspire 2 instead?" The customer, face displaying incredulity, asks the consistently upbeat, unflappable Autel representative.
"That's right!" Alejandro says, grinning ear to ear. "Welcome to the Flight Deck!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
They had the opportunity to do this with the X-Star a few years ago which would have given them a leg up on the Phantom but they just let it die on the vine...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja