Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

OK, I've got my replacement EVO and......

rumbarrel55

Reaction score
.........It's doing the same thing as the one I replaced was. When trying to change the resolution on the phone screen thru the app, it doesn't register the change when you tap on it.

Another owner was having the exact same problem in a video I saw on youtube. Is this a known issue? Anyone else experiencing this? Do you think it will be fixed?

BTW.....I charged it all up, and took it right up soon after without doing an update. It flew beautifully, onboard video looks great. I believe it came with the current firmware already installed.

Just heard back from Autel Support on this issue:

"Thank you for reaching out! I apologize for the issue you are experiencing. That is a known issue that has been rectified in the next version of the App. That new version will be available to download for Beta Users on the Android platform before the 15th of April. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Once again I apologize for that issue we are working to rectify it asap. "

Yes, this is definitely an app issue. I temporarily downloaded the older version of the app and temporarily sacrificed some of the mission modes, etc, but it was nice to be able to switch resolutions when I wanted to. Looking forward to the next version of the new app.

I had a similar issue on one phone, but found it was caused by the phones fonts being set too large and everything on the app would not display properly in the phones screen and would not respond to taps. That was last year, but changing the fonts/display zoom back to normal fixed it for me.

Hi all...Just a quick FYI. I became a part of the Autel Explorer Beta program. The current Beta for the next version of the app fixes the resolution selection issue. I haven't tried any of the flight modes yet (windy/dreary/working-from-home/etc.), but I did bench-test the resolution switching issues and seems to work as expected now!

Reactions: DadCorso80
Any changes to the waypoints mode? It is totally useless without the option to insert POI's among other shortcomings. At least give us yaw and gimbal control during a waypoint mission execution.

"give us yaw and gimbal control during a waypoint mission execution "
You have it, just take the right Explorer application.

I tried it with the old explorer app, and it didn't work. I must also say that it is very disheartening to know that a person can spend so much money on a drone that has certain features, and then watch those features disappear in a later firmware or app update. :confused:

Last edited:
Me, I have it and I am doing this kind of mission for the moment because I keep full control of the orientation.
Screenshot_2020-04-16-07-05-07.png

I tried it with the old explorer app, and it didn't work. I must also say that it is very disheartening to know that a person can spend so much money on a drone that has certain features, and then watch those features disappear in a later firmware or app update. :confused:
I am a former DJI customer however I just bought a used EVO and sold my Mavic Air. Before I bought the EVO I read that mission were possible with free control of gimbal and heading however now it seems that this has been removed. I can't believe that Autel would take away such a great feature from their app which customers are currently using!!! May be because new and improved Missions is now on their EVO II and it's another "bait" to upgrade to the better model?

WOh! And what is the previous post?

And what is the end in your opinion.
Sell you an Evo 2 capable of doing Litchi missions.
Not every trader is crazy in his head.

WOh! And what is the previous post?

And what is the end in your opinion.
Sell you an Evo 2 capable of doing Litchi missions.
Not every trader is crazy in his head.
! was not stating that myself or anybody else would purchase an EVO 2 just because it had "Litchi like" missions. Just making the point that usually a newer updated app (Explorer) should have had at least all the features of the original version. I do not believe that any trader would sell a product just because it had missions. I do however fail to understand why this has happened in the way it has.

Last edited:
Autel decided to remove some features from the Evo 1 side of the app, to enhance the Evo 2 and stimulate people to buy it. @Orv what you can do is download the apk for the Explorer version 1.0.1.45 (which is the best version for Evo 1) and get all the features back. All other versions after that one are focused towards the Evo 2.

Autel decided to remove some features from the Evo 1 side of the app, to enhance the Evo 2 and stimulate people to buy it. @Orv what you can do is download the apk for the Explorer version 1.0.1.45 (which is the best version for Evo 1) and get all the features back. All other versions after that one are focused towards the Evo 2.
Thank you sir and you stated it just as I had thought. Can you explain just what I need to do as I'm not very good at this sort of thing? Maybe there's a video ? OK I have downloaded that version. How do I load it on my Mini tablet?

Last edited:
This way should be easier for you. I don't use the apk manager but this way automatically finds the apk's once they are in your phone. Just remember to uninstall the version you have now before installing the one you are going to install.

Reactions: Ansia
This way should be easier for you. I don't use the apk manager but this way automatically finds the apk's once they are in your phone. Just remember to uninstall the version you have now before installing the one you are going to install.
Thanks again sir. Will the same procedure also work with an ipad mini? Or can I install the older version on my android phone and leave the new version on my tablet? Then I could switch devices if I want to fly a mission.

No because that's IOS and not android. I'm not even sure you can go back on IOS. I do know that finding a previous version for IOS may be near impossible. Maybe someone else can chime in for that. Android is definately the way to go for using Autel products IMHO.

No because that's IOS and not android. I'm not even sure you can go back on IOS. I do know that finding a previous version for IOS may be near impossible. Maybe someone else can chime in for that. Android is definately the way to go for using Autel products IMHO.
So you're saying I cannot have the older version installed on my Android phone to help fly the missions and I can use the IOS version on my ipad mini if I want to fly the newer version?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58