Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Obstacle Avoidance

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
I have a few questions about the obstacle avoidance feature on the Evo II Pro:

1. Does it only work in GPS mode?
  2. Does it work at night?

1 - I was flying indoors, with no GPS and... while I wanted to fly through the door (with OA OFF) the sensors switched themselves automatically ON - I had bought the prop guards especially for that job. It was pretty annoying. I couldn't take video shots I wanted. I was flying on fw 2.5.12. I wrote AUTEL about this and they told my to upgrade to 25.18. I did but didn’t have time to check if this was corrected.

Thanks for these responses. Is there a way definitively tell if the sensors are on? Would the beeping / radar map be that definite way or is there another?

Well, basing on my (short) experience they are always on ? Even you switch them off. Basically you have this OA icon in your Autel Explorer. It should tell you if it's on or off. I am writing about the situation with fw 2.5.12 od course.

I just watched this video:
About 4 minutes in, the fellow mentioned the green/red icon in the top right of the phone screen. I believe this is what KamilK mentioned above.

I just watched this video:
About 4 minutes in, the fellow mentioned the green/red icon in the top right of the phone screen. I believe this is what KamilK mentioned above.
Yes. Sorry for being not precise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201231_073120.jpg
    Screenshot_20201231_073120.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 12
Did Autel lower the sensitivity of the obstacle avoidance sensors in the latest firmware update (2.6.22)?

Note: The hesitancy is me on the sticks and not the drone.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Did Autel lower the sensitivity of the obstacle avoidance sensors in the latest firmware update (2.6.22)?

Note: The hesitancy is me on the sticks and not the drone.

Good question, I saw something other day that perhaps had not noticed in the past when flying outdoors while passing by an object that was well to the side, the aircraft slowed (did not stop), just slowed down while going forward. Did not appear to occur when going backwards. Also fwiw was a cloudy day and nearby structure was a silver/metalic color so not sure if the aircraft was being extra cautious or not.

Reactions: Eagle928

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d