Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Obstacle avoidance

Mike L4200

Reaction score
Just saw SKYDIO and am impressed w obstacle avoidance system. It slows down (does not stop)and finds a way around problem.
Is autel going to "tweak" their system? No expert by any means, but seems like it's a ALGORITHM tweak.
What are your thoughts?

Just saw SKYDIO and am impressed w obstacle avoidance system. It slows down (does not stop)and finds a way around problem.
Is autel going to "tweak" their system? No expert by any means, but seems like it's a ALGORITHM tweak.
What are your thoughts?
Not likely at least in this version. EVO has no topside sensors nor port and starboard side sensors, therefore it won't be able to fly with 360° obstacle avoidance.

No. It's not possible as the Evo lacks the cameras and computers to do that.

The avoidance barely works the way it is. I wouldn't trust it. The front needs great light to work. I tested right at sunset and I would have been able to fly into tree branches. The rear sees better but will only warn you and not stop. Oddly enough though the rear will stop in beginner mode.

Find the highest object in your flight area; set your physical altitude about 10' above that height & fly with impunity... Simple!

Try that 10 foot buffer in ludicrous mode. I need a couple hundred feet from start to finish where I live and that's even keeping VLOS. Only simple if you live on the beach.

Learned on a Phantom 4+ without obstacle avoidance switched on and after getting used to the Evo, decided I didn't want it on with this bird, either--except in certain circumstances. It's too 'stop, start' with OA engaged.

Try that 10 foot buffer in ludicrous mode. I need a couple hundred feet from start to finish where I live and that's even keeping VLOS. Only simple if you live on the beach.
I don't understand why you would want to go FAST all the time - can't take really good videos or pictures or, for that matter, see anything below you very well... IMHO...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310