Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Now this is cool, Kitty Hawk's flying car

"Eradicate traffic" Haaaaa! That'll be the day. I can see the chaos where about 100% of mishaps will be deadly. Not to overlook those 10 props just waiting to chop someone into pieces either. Flying cars are still a long time coming.

May be a REALLY expensive Toy for some people, some day! But not for the World Population. There are FAR too Many IDIOTS driving cars and trucks on the road today. Can't imagine turning over this Giant Food Processor over to these same IDIOTS! Can you imagine a CRASH with these things, Body Parts all over the place! Nothing was mentioned how long you can fly either?? My guess maybe an hour, but more like 30 minutes. Then there would be the Flying and Licensing requirements. Each State would have to have their own rules and the FAA would have to weigh in as well. There will NOT be any mass production of these things in our life time. KIND OF A COOL MACHINE THOUGH! AND WHAT IS THE COST?

That is soooo cool. It flies like a drone, which isn’t too tough. 50mph is fast when you consider most routes are point-to-point — no obstacles, no traffic. See the drone filming her at 2:10?
And, I bet it vastly quieter than a anything but SpecOps Helo’s....

May be a REALLY expensive Toy for some people, some day! But not for the World Population. There are FAR too Many IDIOTS driving cars and trucks on the road today. Can't imagine turning over this Giant Food Processor over to these same IDIOTS! Can you imagine a CRASH with these things, Body Parts all over the place! Nothing was mentioned how long you can fly either?? My guess maybe an hour, but more like 30 minutes. Then there would be the Flying and Licensing requirements. Each State would have to have their own rules and the FAA would have to weigh in as well. There will NOT be any mass production of these things in our life time. KIND OF A COOL MACHINE THOUGH! AND WHAT IS THE COST?
Good point, I can see my wife texting while flying.........

Texting when flying LOL good one.

These are toys for the rich and maybe not so famous. The speed is kept down when you are training and battery life is only 20 minutes so you better hope RTH works :)

Do you guys keep up with the drone related podcasts?

Uber has spun off an air taxi company.
They're very far into development and are planning to launch in (I think) Dallas.

It's coming sooner than you think.

Do you guys keep up with the drone related podcasts?

Uber has spun off an air taxi company.
They're very far into development and are planning to launch in (I think) Dallas.

It's coming sooner than you think.

Maybe so! But, Like many of these Self driving cars that are having accidents, I think it will be along time before UBER Gets this project off the Ground!

Uber's taxis will have pilots at first, as they develop and test AI driverless taxis.
At which point I will never leave the house again.

It won't be long until the sky's will look like a scene from a Star Wars movie. 360 degree obstetrical avoidance might be a pretty good thing then!! :eek:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller