Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notify then Fly, new drone ordinance requires pilots give notice

Well that was a smart way to force pilots to report themselves. "We don't give authorization, hence we aren't violatingFAA regulations, but you need to call and let us know"

Why don't they just talk to the FAA? You can't fly over crowds anyway, so this rule is redundant

Why don't they just talk to the FAA? You can't fly over crowds anyway, so this rule is redundant
Yes, it is a Stupid Rule. But, if politicians can make it appear as though they know what they are talking about (they don't) then they can make it appear as though they are doing something. Simply Put: IDIOTS!

Wow..... how will pilots definitely know where the boundary is?? Are they going to provide info to AirMap, etc? These stupid, arbitrary rules are happening all over The People’s Repubic of California. Local politburo’s enact Drone rules that countermand FAA rules. Odd, since the FAA doesn’t allow any local authority to countermand rules about other aircraft.

The way the wrote this law was really smart. It does not collide with FAA's regulations, therefore making it 100% legal. It's a way for the state to regulate drone usage and get away with it. They did say that they can't deny your drone flight, you just have to report that you are going to fly. After you report, a cop car will arrive and tell you that this is a no fly zone and take you away for a ride.

The way the wrote this law was really smart. It does not collide with FAA's regulations, therefore making it 100% legal. It's a way for the state to regulate drone usage and get away with it. They did say that they can't deny your drone flight, you just have to report that you are going to fly. After you report, a cop car will arrive and tell you that this is a no fly zone and take you away for a ride.
Yea, I get that, and I’m sure the rationale is to scare folks from flying anywhere near there. The ordinance in San Mateo County Ca. for certain areas is not written this way. This is all I can find, the SMC website is a hopeless mess, LOL
San Mateo County studies drone regulations

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
I'm sure there will be a campaign contributor with a start up drone business that weirdly has exclusive access to aerial shots above the town.:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Looks like we should convene a drone convention in Fort Wayne and have a mass fly in around the city.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy