Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not safe around kids.

cappy

Reaction score
Supposedly a 'hobby drone'. Without prop protection this mini drone is nothing to let kids near. Accidents do happen and despite making certain kids are well versed in it's operation, it is nothing I would let them fly. (Kids being kids) Any body know about a 3rd party vendor who makes prop guards? Spare me the 255 gm weight limit argument, totally willing to register it if it goes above weight limit.

I doubt you are 87 y.o. nobody from that generation would highlight drones as being a danger to kids with all the drugs and guns and diseases and video games and suicide that have known to do a whole lot of damage to the youngest generation....and you want to talk about "drones?"

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not sold as a toy. For children, there are stores that sell drones made for them. anyway, legally they are not old enough and authorized to fly such machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt you are 87 y.o. nobody from that generation would highlight drones as being a danger to kids with all the drugs and guns and diseases and video games and suicide that have known to do a whole lot of damage to the youngest generation....and you want to talk about "drones?"
Yep, 87 yrs old, got the scars to prove it going all the way back to Korea. Have FAA license since 2019. Fly Evo 1 (2) still running top notch and produce picture of a quality I, and real estate customers find acceptable. Thankfully, gradnkids parents keep a close watch on their upbrining. Educate them and drugs, guns, and reasonable amount of video games. so far, their great kids. almost teenagers now. Thought under weight limits made this one a hobby drone. Thought this model would be a good way to introduce them to a great drone experience. But propellers can give quite a slice to a hand if handled incorrectly, so introducing them to a drone without prop guards, my mistake was a wrong to use as a starter drone. Before it was introduced and while awaiting it's release, the limited weight sure made it look at the time, it was more of a drone aimed at people who amongst others, too young to be eligible to get a commercial license. Sorry to upset you, still think it would benifit greatly with prop guards.

Reactions: waltermitty
Yep, 87 yrs old, got the scars to prove it going all the way back to Korea. Have FAA license since 2019. Fly Evo 1 (2) still running top notch and produce picture of a quality I, and real estate customers find acceptable. Thankfully, gradnkids parents keep a close watch on their upbrining. Educate them and drugs, guns, and reasonable amount of video games. so far, their great kids. almost teenagers now. Thought under weight limits made this one a hobby drone. Thought this model would be a good way to introduce them to a great drone experience. But propellers can give quite a slice to a hand if handled incorrectly, so introducing them to a drone without prop guards, my mistake was a wrong to use as a starter drone. Before it was introduced and while awaiting it's release, the limited weight sure made it look at the time, it was more of a drone aimed at people who amongst others, too young to be eligible to get a commercial license. Sorry to upset you, still think it would benifit greatly with prop guards.
no problem, you can get prop guards for the evo nano here: https://www.adorama.com/ar102000648.html and the evo lite here: https://www.adorama.com/ar102000650.html

14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.
Some comments have been edited to reflect this rule. Further infractions could lead to warnings up to and including suspension.

You posted in the Evo Lite + forum but it sounds like you are talking about the Nano. Please clarify. If you are indeed talking about the Nano, I will move this thread accordingly. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: chiditty
Supposedly a 'hobby drone'. Without prop protection this mini drone is nothing to let kids near. Accidents do happen and despite making certain kids are well versed in it's operation, it is nothing I would let them fly. (Kids being kids) Any body know about a 3rd party vendor who makes prop guards? Spare me the 255 gm weight limit argument, totally willing to register it if it goes above weight limit.
Kids or Adults trying to learn how to hand catch, my Mavic Mini 2, easy, Mavic 2 Zoom required stitches :) I'm not even trying it with the EVO Lite...

I totally agree with your assessment about this mini drone not being safe for kids. I can imagine how hard it is to keep kids from getting their hands on something like this. To answer your question, I haven't heard of any 3rd party vendors who make prop guards, but I'm sure they exist. I'd suggest checking out the https://fosterplus.org/circle-of-support/. It's a great resource for connecting with other parents who can offer advice and support on how to handle these kinds of situations. They have a community forum and lots of other helpful info. At the end of the day, safety comes first and it's never worth risking the wellbeing of your kids.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t