Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

North Scottsdale, AZ, at dusk

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Sorry, no waterfalls. No ocean waves, beaches, palm trees, lava. Just rocks, cactus, and scorpions....
This was done in one flight. Just as I was landing after 20min, I had a sudden battery drop from 4 min to 1 min, but it was right over me, so I landed quickly. Sand is softer than lava...

Reactions: KentA
I've done a ton of home appraisals in North Scottsdale. It's a very unique place and very different from where you just left. Very nice video and thank you for sharing!! Also very nice choice of music.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I've done a ton of home appraisals in North Scottsdale. It's a very unique place and very different from where you just left. Very nice video and thank you for sharing!! Also very nice choice of music.
Thanks, I try to use subtle music that doesn’t detract from the visuals...
Interesting, that you know the area. It’s the polar opposite of wet, humid Hilo, Hi. It’s weird how 1/3+ of the population escapes the heat after Easter to their 2nd/3rd home in Southern France. Prices drop on Good Friday, and go down from there until Nov., when the snow-birds return. You can get some real deals on houses that were way out of your league. Tons of inventory keeps prices down. I’ve seen prices drop 20% in one day. We bought a house from a trust, that dropped the price significantly twice. So, we low-balled them a ridiculous price, trusting our agent... We were stunned, but they just wanted it sold. This never happens in Hawaii or California. The 20 yr. old custom-built house is in great shape, they remodeled/fixed everything, but it’s too big...oh well, they're all too big. The location (on a cul-de-sac near Lone Mt.), is incredible, the mantra of real estate...

So I am guessing you are all moved in now? Looked like a some pretty fancy homes in your video and a lot of Cactus :)

Thanks, I try to use subtle music that doesn’t detract from the visuals...
Interesting, that you know the area. It’s the polar opposite of wet, humid Hilo, Hi. It’s weird how 1/3+ of the population escapes the heat after Easter to their 2nd/3rd home in Southern France. Prices drop on Good Friday, and go down from there until Nov., when the snow-birds return. You can get some real deals on houses that were way out of your league. Tons of inventory keeps prices down. I’ve seen prices drop 20% in one day. We bought a house from a trust, that dropped the price significantly twice. So, we low-balled them a ridiculous price, trusting our agent... We were stunned, but they just wanted it sold. This never happens in Hawaii or California. The 20 yr. old custom-built house is in great shape, they remodeled/fixed everything, but it’s too big...oh well, they're all too big. The location (on a cul-de-sac near Lone Mt.), is incredible, the mantra of real estate...
Glad it worked out for you. In my case, during the market crash is when I lost my job (Licensed Real Estate Appraiser) and my $385,000 house. I left and decided to full time RV on my way back to Canada and stopped for 6 years in California and now I'm in western Idaho. Will eventually get back to Canada where my heart is.

So I am guessing you are all moved in now? Looked like a some pretty fancy homes in your video and a lot of Cactus :)
Yea, the houses & the area is nice, some really rich folks nearby. We never thought about moving there, we were looking in Cave Creek, farther north. A realtor convinced us to just go with the flow, there’s deals all over. The day before we were leaving, while eating lunch, I noticed this house took a huge tumble in price. We’d never seen it, too $$$. We saw it an hour later, loved it, agent said they really want it sold, “let’s find the true bottomline price...” He was great....

No, not by a long-shot. Moving from an island in the middle of the Pacific to the “mainland” isn’t easy. You only take personal stuff and leave/sell everything else. The AZ house has a bed, 2 chairs, 2 patio chairs, 2 folding tables a TV. It’ll probably stay that way for a while. I’m changing some floors, doing some painting. We have no money for furniture, LOL, until we sell the Hawaii house, which could be awhile — a fickle market...

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Sorry, no waterfalls. No ocean waves, beaches, palm trees, lava. Just rocks, cactus, and scorpions....
This was done in one flight. Just as I was landing after 20min, I had a sudden battery drop from 4 min to 1 min, but it was right over me, so I landed quickly. Sand is softer than lava...
Where does the water come from? Like your video much, kind of hoping to see snake sunning itself,

Where does the water come from? Like your video much, kind of hoping to see snake sunning itself,
Ty, I’ve been told most water comes from big reservoirs. When it rains, it rains hard. The ground is dry, but packed tight. Water does filter down, but flooding is common. Many rural areas have wells. All water is full of minerals—everybody has a filter...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58