Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No videos, no reviews, no full specifications related to what is offering...But YES to preorders... A risk not prepared to take after M3 failure.

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
I have been expecting from Autel a better marketing management for this drone that is wanted to be over A2S/M2P class...
Preorders are open, but no leaks, no tests, no drone...nothing.
I was close to preorder one, but no one have seen what it is and what it does...so...how to preorder it?
Perhaps we will see some Lite+ reviews soon, not just a commercial from Autel that is leaving me only with questions, but not with facts that can make me preorder one...
2 things have a great interest for me:
1. Remote controller: was changed the way it feels? Is more manageable, more close to "DJI experience"? or just the "brick" we have patched a lot of times for EVO series in order to make it controllable?
2. Camera quality: RYYB sensor from P30 Pro Huawei was a great achievement....but a RYYB sensor have another problems, not common to RGB CMOS...you need to manage the colors through a very good AI algorithm, or will look very poor...

Waiting with interest this drone, with high expectations...

I have been expecting from Autel a better marketing management for this drone that is wanted to be over A2S/M2P class...
Preorders are open, but no leaks, no tests, no drone...nothing.
I was close to preorder one, but no one have seen what it is and what it does...so...how to preorder it?
Perhaps we will see some Lite+ reviews soon, not just a commercial from Autel that is leaving me only with questions, but not with facts that can make me preorder one...
2 things have a great interest for me:
1. Remote controller: was changed the way it feels? Is more manageable, more close to "DJI experience"? or just the "brick" we have patched a lot of times for EVO series in order to make it controllable?
2. Camera quality: RYYB sensor from P30 Pro Huawei was a great achievement....but a RYYB sensor have another problems, not common to RGB CMOS...you need to manage the colors through a very good AI algorithm, or will look very poor...

Waiting with interest this drone, with high expectations...

No way would I pre-order anything from anyone let alone Autel. I have never been in such a hurry to get anything that I would pre-order it. My EVO II 6K works just fine, until the new ones come out, have some sort of reviews, and some sort of history behind them; I'm not even going to consider them.

Especially considering the current worldwide shortages; you could be looking at 6 months to a year before you ever even see your product.

Reactions: Theborg
I agree, pre-order could lead to disappointments, depending on your expectations, and who knows, company could out of business?🤔

No way would I pre-order anything from anyone let alone Autel. I have never been in such a hurry to get anything that I would pre-order it. My EVO II 6K works just fine, until the new ones come out, have some sort of reviews, and some sort of history behind them; I'm not even going to consider them.

Especially considering the current worldwide shortages; you could be looking at 6 months to a year before you ever even see your product.
Oh boy do I agree with this. I like my Autel, actually I love it, inspite of some software niggles that they are oh so slow to address, if they ever do. But I won't put money out there for a hardware version of vaporware. More to the point, Autel has struggled with every release as far as meeting delivery dates. I will very likely be interested and expect to buy a Lite+ at some point, but why set myself up for the frustration of hearing "in the next few weeks" or "early -insert month here" only to see it come and go with no drone being shipped. Maybe Autel can handle that, buy I'm pretty sure I don't want to. Not again anyway. Like Lucy and the football, I am not running at one again until AVAILABLE AND IN STOCK appears.

So...Lite + will have the IMX383 from Evo2Pro 6K, no RYYB, no new sensor...Seems to be only a "moonlight" new algorithm...At least that is what is on paper...

Yes.

And still there is no method to pre-order directly on their web site 🤦‍♂️
From what I read, the 5% discount from the Autel site will be available when both nano/lite series are available for pre-order. 5% discount code can be redeemed at the CES 2022 booth, then discount code can be used on Autel site.

What I don’t understand, shouldn’t Autel promote new products so established autel distributors can benefit to help them be successful. Yeah I get it, Autel probably wants to recoup some expenses from the CES 2022 show but at least make a sincere effort so Autel distributors can benefit as well.

Can someone explain to me what I’m missing, maybe it’s me and this how things are run.

maybe that means the official autel pre-order will be open on jan 5th when ces starts. i agree i think all pre-orders no matter where they come from at this point should qualify for 5% to help promote the new products. im not seeing how the ces booth to be the main driver. not a fan of how these guys write stories but they covered some of this here: Autel EVO Lite, Nano drones are finally here; shipping begins mid-January

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Are some here just to spread bad vibes?

A dealer in Italy has goods in stock. There are enough people who already have a drone. No influencers either.
In China, countless retailers have the drone in stock.

Are some here just to spread bad vibes?

A dealer in Italy has goods in stock. There are enough people who already have a drone. No influencers either.
In China, countless retailers have the drone in stock.
Most of us are in the US..... there have been almost none of the Autel Lite/Nano sold here yet. Most of the ones that have been received here came from Chinese retailers.

The videos I have been seeing look pretty good. Low light performance looks exceptional. But Autel has a way to go before earning the trust of our drone community. The X-star is still a good drone but there are no batteries available. The Evo 1 has no parts available for a fix. The Evo 2 went from a V1 to a V2 with no interchangeability between systems. Software and updates have been buggy and lagging behind features available on the most basic DJI drones.

We need Autel to be successful. DJI needs a serious competitor and things seem to be on track for Autel to be the one. I own an EVO 2 and would like to invest in one of these new Autel products but I am waiting for the software to mature and the reviews to back up the positive things I am seeing.

The folks here spreading bad vibes have been burnt by Autel in the past and most are still here because they want things to change for the good while serving warning about how things have been.

Software and updates have been buggy and lagging behind features available on the most basic DJI drones.

What do they expect when they keep sending their products to people for free in return for a positive advert / review on YouTube.

It's absolutely bonkers 😥

What do they expect when they keep sending their products to people for free in return for a positive advert / review on YouTube.

It's absolutely bonkers 😥
Well.... all the drone makers seem to follow this path. The recipient doesn't have to produce a positive review but won't be given another drone down the line. Its important to use your own eyes when viewing YouTube footage and ferret out the real reviews from the paid shills.

I do think Autel is trying.... they just have some crappy customer service to put in the rear view mirror and need to keep improving their products. Only time will tell what they can become.

Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy